• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I cannot download or update new or existing apps?

gh0atd

Dec 28, 2009
I don't know what to do. I have tried clearing the cache of the market, and the apps that are affected with updating. I can't use a backup utility, because well, if I try to restore anytime recently, the same issue exists. I am completely confused as to what made this happen and how to fix it.

I would rather not wipe the phone to factory defaults.

Have you tried the 1.6+ ROM's? If so that could be your problem.

There's a work around for the market issue caused by the higher ROM's, and it's posted here: [RESOLVED] Market problems anyone? - xda-developers

I'm working on doing it to my own phone now because I tried out the 2.x ROM a while back, and am finally doing this fix
Thank you, that did get me the ability to update my market again.

Sadly, a couple things were lost, mainly apps. Voice Recorder, which I believe comes with the phone, says that it isn't there anymore. I am basing this off of the shortcut that was on the Home Screen. Is there any way to restore it? Since, I can't push that using Kitchen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones