I cannot get my Hero to Sync or update to 2.1

Last Updated:

1. gotet10

gotet10 New Member This Topic's Starter

I've been trying to get my Hero to sync and update to 2.1 on 3 different computers. For some reason it won't sync with Windows XP or Vista. I've used the newest version of Sync every time I've tried to update it. Could it possibly be because I'm not using the official USB cable that came with the phone? I'm just using a regular mini USB. HELP PLEASE!!! =]

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

If you're trying to update to 2.1 you must be using a Sprint hero, so I've moved the topic for you.

Unless you're not using sprint hero, which would explain it not working :p

3. gotet10

Yeah, it is a Sprint Hero. Sorry, I'm new to the site and just really trying to figure out why this won't work. =/

4. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

Well, I can tell you that the USB cable will not be your problem. I use my old Nokia USB cable sometimes and it works just fine. Did you try downloading HTC Sync from the official HTC website, then downloading the official 2.1 RUU? You can also just load Sync from your SD card since it comes pre-loaded with the phone.

5. gotet10

I downloaded everything from the HTC site. I'm about to try it again on my old Win XP laptop, because my main computer at school is a MacBook Pro.

6. glen4cindy

glen4cindy Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure you have to get the download from the Sprint support site because there is more than one version of the Hero. There is a GSM version and a CDMA version. Sprint's version is here:

Sprint - Software Downloads - Smartphones - HTC Hero with Google

Try this link and see if it works for you if you have the CDMA Hero which is the one this forum supports.

Good luck.