• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I cannot log into market

pa4ul

Nov 20, 2009
I recently updated my firmware and first of all all of my contacts that wernt stored on the phone are now gone. Im under the assumption that there are stored on google contacts but now my problem is when i log onto google with my phone it lets me access my account but when i try to log into the market to download stuff it says my sim car is either no right or i need to contact customer service. Did the new firmware only allow certian memory cards or what is the problem. Any h elp is appreciated.

Disable auto update time and set manually. The network is setting it wrongly.

Also ensure you have network and data coverage using your SIM the first time you try to reaccess anything like Market. once back in that way, wi-fi will work.

Had all this with SWMBO's Galaxy Portal on Tmobile UK. T-mobiles auto time servers dont seem to like sending the right details to phones. Never worked well on my Nokia either, so disabled when I got the Hero last month.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones