PRI Version
    1.40_003
    PRL Version

Every time I try to enter "cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image"
    It says invalid length?

Advertisement
  2. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

did you make sure your SD card is not mounted in hard-drive mode on PC?

another thing to try is do boot into recovery and try again. you'll need to manually mount the sdcard in that case.

If that's all greek to you, I'll clarify later. hard to tell your level of expertise based on the info you gave in your OP.

3. Wadester

Wadester Well-Known Member

novox77, I noticed your signature states you have root with Froyo 2.2. How'd you do that? The SimpleRoot OTA page says you can't get root yet.

4. dwntwnall4u

dwntwnall4u Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm a noob to android. I rooted step one with toast method, but could not get nand unlocked?
    I have been using Fresh roms but would like to try other roms

5. YungTab

YungTab New Member

Me Too . I Did The First UnrEVOked That Took The Software Number Down,Did The UnrEVOked ( Painless/REflash ), Then The Last UnrEVOked That Was " SUPPOSED " to Unlock Nand . I'm A Serious Noob That Is Totally Confused . I'm Coming From A Life Of iPhone So You May See Why .

I Tried Toast's Method ( Part 2 ) Too And Everything Worked But I Didn't Feel Like I Was NAND Unlocked Because When I Tried Flashing The CM6 It Gave Me That " Status 7 " Thing Like It Used To Before I Did All Of This .

Fresh Roms Are Nice But I Want FULL Android . No Half Ass HTC And Half Ass Android . I Want Full Android . You're Trying To Unlock Nand Too So You Must Be After Full Android Too .

6. YungTab

YungTab New Member

Fresh Roms Are OTA Update 2.2 And Come Rooted .

7. innovative slacker

innovative slacker New Member

Greetings The problem is the file system has become corrupted on the memory card. The 5 min solution on a windows machine plug the card in....open the my computer screen.....right click on the affected flash drive select properties.... from there select the tools tab and click on "check drive for errors" make sure the automatically fix file system errors is checked. That's it a lot faster than reformatting and having to re copying all your files

8. innovative slacker

innovative slacker New Member

Greetings The problem is the file system has become corrupted on the memory card. The 5 min solution on a windows machine plug the card in....open the my computer screen.....right click on the affected flash drive select properties.... from there select the tools tab and click on "check drive for errors" make sure the automatically fix file system errors is checked. That's it a lot faster than reformatting and having to re copying all your files :)