• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I cannot receive phone calls

chefdon

May 3, 2010
My carrier is Verizon. My phone has android 4.4.2. I use Google voice for voicemail and business calls.

Now for my problem. As of today, I cannot receive phone calls. If someone calls either of my #s, I hear a single generic ring, and that's it. If the call is made to my Verizon #, it says there is no voicemail box set up. If my Google voice # is called, it goes to my normal mailbox.

I can make phone calls with no problem.

Is there an easy remedy for this, or do I have to go to verizon tomorrow?

I went on Verizon's site and looked up the troubleshooting section for the G3. After pulling the battery, checking the SIM card was fully in, turning airplane. Mode on & off, and dialing the code for turning off call forwarding, I was finally able to receive calls.

I'm not sure what happened, or how. All I know is this phone has been a pain in my butt since I got it 5 months ago.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones