• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help i cant access internet with my phone

X88A

Lurker
May 9, 2011
Phone - Samsung Galaxy S
Android 2.2 (yes, i have not done any updates)

in settings, i activate "use packet data"

Then the "internet icon" (the icon with the H or 3G and 2 arrows pointing in 2 diff directions) appears for about 1 second, then disappears.....meaning i have no internet connection.

Any solutions to solve this problem??
i want to fix this problem, and not reboot to factory settings.

TQ

Do you have packet data enabled from your carrier ? Many service providers require you to get packet data activated on your SIM card.

Also check your APN settings, may be you entered some wrong credentials in the APN.

yes, it is enabled. It was always working, this problem occured recently.

how do i check my Access points name? i did set it to default, but it still doesnt work

Upvote 0
Settings-->Wireless and network-->Mobile Networks--Access Point Names

You will see at least one APN, and the settings of this APN should be correct, if you are in doubt ask your carrier/service provider about APN settings.

before asking your carrier, try to reset to default APN. most carriers automatically send APN settings upon reset. go to settings/wireless and network/mpbile networks/access point names press menu and you got 2 options, delete and reset to default APN. hope that helps.

Upvote 0
How do i activate GPRS WITHOUT Android Booster?

I don't know about Android Booster, never used it so can't comment.

To use EDGE/GPRS, you need to do two things

1) Enter a valid APN
2) Enable Packet Data

That's all what is needed. The 'E' sign appearing and disappearing in notification area shows that your handset is trying to connect to Edge service but it can not connect, most probably APN details don't match with what is required.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones