• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I cant add text to search bar without deleting all the other text

ghost2501

Lurker
May 25, 2012
I am using icecream, when i use the browser and do a search in google and then need to refine my search and add a word it selects the whole line of text then when i press at the end of the line to add a new word or even in the middle of the text to delete or add a word the whole line disappears and i have to type it all out again. I cant find anyone talking about this problem at all but it must make other people so mad too I would almost like to throw my phone against the wall at this point. Its not getting easier to do the things i want its always getting harder.

i am on a samsung g2 ice cream using default browser. it seems maybe 1 of 10 times it randomly lets me add a word so it makes me even more mad as there is no consistency.

OMG and i cant stand google it loads google adn then just when i go to click on the search bar google flashes and does a second reload jerking the screen around so i miss the bar how can this happen there are millions of people using this adn billions of dollars into it and you cant just rely on google to load so you can type something it always has to jerk the screen up adn down at the exact second most human beings would start typing on the bar.

I am having a bad day here just gettng a search in is almost impossible without making me mad.

Upvote 0
Are you using a third party launcher? If so you can just hide it. Or just remove it from your homescreen if its there. Long press on it and then shove it into the trash bin.

As for so that no other app opens it, go to menu>settings>applications>all (its a tab at the top)>internet>clear defaults. Everytime another app wants to open a web page, if you have another browser installed, it will ask you if you want to open using the default internet app or the other browser, set the default to the other browser.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones