• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I can't cross the room without taking my Android with me

VeryJoyful

Lurker
Nov 18, 2010
USA
I can't cross the room without taking my Android with me! :eek:

I am that addicted to my Android phone... but I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I come from a long line of early technology adopters. My mother bought a VCR when they were still five figures (and came with a WIRED remote control) and my grandfather purchased one of the very first "Pong" games to hook up to his Zenith television set.

I'm 51 years old and I've been in computers since the early '80s. My Android phone is everything I had hoped my old PDA would be... and, of course, much more.

I use my phone for both business and pleasure and in a variety of ways... keeping track of my blood sugar, taking notes, recording conversations, taking pictures and keeping up with email and Facebook. I use the TV guide app to remind me when my favorite shows are on and a Craigslist app so I can jump on the best deals as soon as they're posted. Of course, I've got a few games to help me kill time. I like Jewels, Soduko, and What the Doodle.

I also use my phone for reference too... a Bible app, the U.S. Constitution, real estate information, etc. I love the idea of My Pantry, but haven't really started using it yet. I've yet to find a shopping list app that simply suits my needs and I'm currently exploring a variety of apps to help me keep track of my money (or, er, of my lack of money!).

I use Google maps many times a day. I think it's the easiest way to find whatever I need and find it nearby.

:mad: What don't I like? The SILLY SLIDER to answer and end calls. Sheesh! That's hard to do sometimes, especially with gloves on. I wish my Android phone had actual physical buttons for that function. Of course, I wish my battery lasted longer (but since I quit using a task killer, that seems to be getting better, who'da thunk?). Also, it seems like my phone really acts up (i.e., locks up) when I get too many apps installed and/or my SD card gets filled up with photos and videos.

My husband also has the same phone, but he keeps threatening to go back to his HTC Touch Pro 2 (with Windows Mobile 6.5). It was a nice phone, but I had an HTC Touch (with Windows Mobile 6.1) before my Android and I never want to go back to a phone that doesn't have a physical keyboard. I do most of my internetting and emailing on my phone... the stylus made my hand cramp! I won't go back!

I'm hoping to pick up some tips in the forum and hear what other people have to say about different apps.

That's me... nice to join you folks. :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones