I can't delete my draft textsSupport

1. Julie95

Julie95 Member

Hello,

I recently had a new Android phone and restored my old texts with MyBackup pro.

Since then, I can't delete my draft messages (or a conversation...).
    Every time I try to delete a conversation, the messages inside the conversation are deleted but the empty conversation remains in my text list. It's the same each time I click on "new text" by mistake, it adds an empty conversation in my text list and I can't delete it.

Do you have an idea of what I could try ?
    I alredy try to do a settings reset (not deleting data) but it doesn't solve the problem.

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

Can you give us a bit more information please.

What phone are you using?

Are you using the default message app or using a 3rd party messaging app like Handcent?

Have you tried clearing the cache or data in the messaging app in Settings > All Apps?
  3. Julie95

Julie95 Member

Hello !

I am using an Xperia mini pro with Android 2.3.4

I am using the default messages app.

I just tries cleaning the data in the messaging app (there is no cache to clear) and the problem is still there.

Thanks !
  4. jupiter2012

jupiter2012 Well-Known Member

dunno what's wrong....
  5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Its because there are spaces or characters in the text box. Just backspace or use select all then delete on the text box.
    NGD1 likes this.
  6. Julie95

Julie95 Member

No, the texts are really empty. If I just press "New message" and then press back, the text is still there. If I click on a conversation and select "Delete conversation", all the texts are deleted inside the conversation, but I can still see the empty conversation in my text list... It's like the texts are deleted but I can't delete a conversation.
    (And I'm sorry if the labels are not correct, but I use my phone in French, so I try to translate my best)
  7. gibbs1984

8. Julie95

Julie95 Member

If I long press the conversation, I can press Delete, and the only thing that happens is that all texts in the conversation are deleted but the conversation remains in the list. I always have the option to delete the conversation when I long press on it, but it will never completly delete the conversation.

9. Julie95

Julie95 Member

10. gibbs1984

Cool, glad you got your problem fixed :)