I Can't Detect My Samsung Epic 4g On My LaptopSupport

Last Updated:

1. MzWalker

MzWalker New Member This Topic's Starter

I can't detect my phone on my laptop. I've tried debugging and it still didn't recognize my phone. It says no usb is detected. I've pressed fix and apply and still nothing. I have a hp g72 laptop with windows 7 32bit. Please help. Oh and I also tried the mount feature and still nothing. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. swanysto

swanysto Well-Known Member

I am guessing you are new by your post count, so here is a link to the drivers. However, it should pick it up without the drivers, so they may not help. Have you tried a different USB port, maybe it is burnt out.

32 bit Drivers

MzWalker likes this.
  3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

It would be worthwhile to try a new cable as well if the steps above don't work.

MzWalker likes this.
  4. MzWalker

MzWalker New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok I'm sorry its a 64-bit. And the laptop is brand new, not even a week old. Yes im a newbie and utterly frustrated. All I want to do is use the epic as a modem without having to pay for the hotspot, but my laptop wont even recognize my phone :confused:

5. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

MzWalker likes this.
  6. Gotovina

Gotovina New Member

7. itsmebryan

itsmebryan Member

I had the same problem with my W7 64-bit. It turned out to be a win7 driver/Solid state hard drive issue. Then I noticed that my PC wouldn't reconize any other new USB device not just my phone. USB devices installed before I got my phone still worked fine. Have you tried other new USB devices? I had to re-install win7 and it fixed the problem. I also found out after 6 clean installs of win7 that Win 7 doesn't work well on SSD boot drive that hold the OS. Since I installed a standard 1tb drive no problem.