• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I cant download from G.Play (Error 491) n' other errors

furchimdq

Lurker
Sep 27, 2012
I bought a Moto Droid 3, the guy told me that is blocked (was from Verizon, and im from Argentina) to call and send sms/mms, but i could use Android apps with WiFi, the camera, etc...
I didnt want to call or send sms, i wanted to use it as a WiFi Tablet and the camera 1080p. So i thought great! So i bought it.
But i realized that the phone was rooted (i saw superuser app instaled).
I had some errors so i tryied to fix them clearing cache and dalvik cache in the safe mode but, i have THE SAME PROBLEMS in safe mode!

The problems are "The aplication XXXX (Process com.motorola.XXXX) has stopped unexpectedly. force close" with the following apps:
Calendar Storage (com.android.calendar)
com.motorola.service.main
Msg. SMS/MMS (com.motorola.conversations)
IM (com.motorola.im)
Email (com.motorola.email)
Contacts storage (com.motorola.contacts)
Twitter and some more...

Error in Google Apps when i download/update an aplication:
'"XXXX" could not be downloaded due to an error. (491).'
Also i cant download pictures from facebook for example.

Aplications running in Safe mode (also getting all the errors):
Data Manager Service
Settings
Voice Commands
Google Services
Sync Service
Files
Maps
Text Messaging
Swype

Just curious - have you tried doing a factory data reset and starting over from scratch?

No i havent...
If i do a factory reset, can i backup some apps (and its data) using some app? cos i have a lot of progress in a few games and i dont want to lose it TT_TT!!
Also if i do a factory reset, i will still be root user? or the reset erase the root access?

Thank u ^♥^

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones