• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I Can't Download From Play Store using Reverse Tethering?

I Have a serious problem regarding, downloading any app or game from play store whenever i start reverse tethering..The surfing speed is great but when i start downloading any app, the downloading doesn't move even a single inch..can anyone here suggest me what should I do now...As the play store is related to Google, so i have posted it. If any thing is wrong don't delete the post there may come a chance that i got a good answer to the question..or just tell me where should i post this question.

Might be because Play is seeing your connection as coming from a PC, not an Android tablet?

There are some threads on the forum about getting around tethering blocks by faking things so you appear to be connected from a phone. I guess you could try the same thing to make Play think / realise you're connecting from a tablet ..?

Upvote 0
I Have a serious problem regarding, downloading any app or game from play store whenever i start reverse tethering..The surfing speed is great but when i start downloading any app, the downloading doesn't move even a single inch..can anyone here suggest me what should I do now...As the play store is related to Google, so i have posted it. If any thing is wrong don't delete the post there may come a chance that i got a good answer to the question..or just tell me where should i post this question.
-- Hi Deep, i found it. install HACK connectivity installer and follow steps .. its so easy.. "xposed framework and connectivity module" find it in your reverse tethering window in tool menu (hack install optional) .. install it ... reboot mobile ...and enjoy google play on mobile in reverse tethering......

Upvote 0
-- Hi Deep, i found it. install HACK connectivity installer and follow steps .. its so easy.. "xposed framework and connectivity module" find it in your reverse tethering window in tool menu (hack install optional) .. install it ... reboot mobile ...and enjoy google play on mobile in reverse tethering......

Please check thread date before replying. Deep hasn't been here in almost 3 years

Upvote 0
no problem if User deep has not been there for two years. i have the same problem. i am able to surf the internet through the usb tethering using the pc internet i can open the whatsapp messages in my mobile device xoloq800. but when i opt for a download from playstore notheing happens. it searches for the network.......... even the whatsapp application cannot be updated.

Reactions: Imran Patel
Upvote 0
no problem if User deep has not been there for two years. i have the same problem. i am able to surf the internet through the usb tethering using the pc internet i can open the whatsapp messages in my mobile device xoloq800. but when i opt for a download from playstore notheing happens. it searches for the network.......... even the whatsapp application cannot be updated.
You can clear data and caches of playstore app and then try downloading again.hope its work

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones