I can't even believe this...

Last Updated:

1. Clittzen

Clittzen Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I got my phone last night, played with it till 330AM, charged it for 5 hours. I went to work and played on it all day, and it isn't even HALF WAY.

Holy toledo Batman. This thing just slaps the Incredibles battery in the face, and pretty much every other phone I've ever had.

Anyone else feel this way too?

Advertisement
  2. just4747

just4747 Well-Known Member

There's already a couple battery threads in here on the first page, but anyway, you must be one of the lucky ones. Go read the longer thread and see how many people including myself are having terrible battery life...

3. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

Yup, I came from a DI, and I'm shocked at this battery life! The new TI processor over the qualcom processor is full of win on the DX :D:D

edit: I'll add that my shockedness is a good thing, battery life is simply incredible on the DX!

4. tats_06

tats_06 Well-Known Member

I completely agree!!!! I have been playing non stop with it and almost expect it to drop coming from Incredible..but it doesn't ;)

5. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Active Member

Nope. Mine is just as bad if not worse than my incredible.

6. mikeyfl

mikeyfl Well-Known Member

i am nothing but smiles... my last phone wouldnt last two text messages before powering down. i used to walk around with the usb charger hanging from the phone. rocking the old school phone cord style.

7. Clittzen

I am so excited about this... I don't even know how much better it could be with the extended battery.

8. btizzle

btizzle Well-Known Member

I concur! My incredible barely lasted a day! I am using this way more during the initial "new toy" period, and it is still lasting 3 times longer than my incredible that had an extended battery!

If anyone says different they are stupid. Need to give the phone and battery time to adjust and calibrate.

9. EKG

EKG Well-Known Member

Yep, my battery is amazing! Coming from an Eris...wow this thing is awesome! I could have ran my Eris dead twice during the day if I used it the same amount I am using this phone...and by the time I go to sleep (usually around 1:30 AM or 2) it is only at like 35 or 40%. Amazing!

10. krichek

krichek Well-Known Member

Guess I'm one of the "lucky ones" as well. This thing runs circles around my old Droid. I had an extra battery that I would swap out around 4 or 5:00pm everyday. I actually used it more than normal today (had a yard sale and watched a ton of TV on it heh) I'm still at 60%! My wife has the Droid now and swapped batteries around 2:30 :p.

11. ndfan4u

ndfan4u Well-Known Member

I completely agree, been playing with it trying to figure out how to do things on it since i'm coming from the iphone and the battery is incredible. I am one happy camper. :D

12. urdaddi

urdaddi Well-Known Member

Sorry this is off topic...mikeyfl-your avitar made me think I had a bug on my screen!

13. Clittzen

My boyfriend has a droid and he has to do the same thing, he had two batterys, a wall charger, and his phone is on the charger all day I swear. This thing just keeps going!

My Incredible had the WORST battery life though. My Storm and Storm 2 had better battery life maybe by 10%.

14. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

Eris here too, but I could go from 5am to midnight and have 20% left. But that was sparse use. A few calls, few browsing sessions, no updating widgets. My 1st charge on the Droid X was 12 hours! Very impressed, especially since I can't keep my hands off it today.

15. HookEmHorns*UT*

HookEmHorns*UT* Well-Known Member

Storm and Storm2 ughhhhhhhhh such bad words we are using here!

16. Kadgarth

Kadgarth Active Member

My battery life has been horrid so far. Did you do full charge discharge cycles?

17. Clittzen

Lol. They are very taboo... I was stating that the Storm and Storm 2 had minial pro battery life to the Incredible.

The X makes the Incredible's battery look like garbagio lol. :)

18. Clittzen

Took out of the box, played with it from 11PM to 330AM, charged it till 830AM, went off for my day. Hasn't hit a charger since.

19. HookEmHorns*UT*

HookEmHorns*UT* Well-Known Member

Mine has been great. I only did one cycle the first day and have been 12 hrs at a time with heavy usage before a charge. Try depleting the battery completely until the phone shuts off then charge it all the way without turning it on. I hope this helps. If not go to the store and have them give you a new battery to try!

20. Clittzen

Ya it's likely that your battery maybe a dud if its -that- bad, I've never seen a phone perform this supremely. It's all under warranty so you can get one!

21. mikeyfl

mikeyfl Well-Known Member

that crazy figure 8 walking ant is on your screen too!?! :p

22. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

Here... Let me get that for you!

[​IMG]

Sorry to be off topic too, but I've seen that bug for the past year. Someone else used it. Just had to crush it.

23. MisterEff

MisterEff Well-Known Member

I got mine today and I have been playing with it the whole time without charging it and it is only at 20%

24. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Mine is great to so much better then on my inc.

25. WordofDJ

WordofDJ Member

Mine is at 60% after a full day of playing with it, starting at 10am. I love it.