• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I can't find my alarm clocks

Not really. I had to look around, especially since I was looking for an alarm, not a clock. I would like to find one like the HTC Sense, where it's a clock (with weather) but when you tap the clock it opens in to set alarms or a timer

Fancy Widgets. Looks just like the HTC Sense one and you can set whatever program to open by tapping different parts of the widget. Best of all, it's free. It's the one I use.

There's a couple of others but you have to pay. Like Beautiful Widgets, HD Widgets, etc.

Upvote 0
Not really. I had to look around, especially since I was looking for an alarm, not a clock. I would like to find one like the HTC Sense, where it's a clock (with weather) but when you tap the clock it opens in to set alarms or a timer

[On HTC] I've gotten so used to tapping on the clock on the home screen to get the alarm, but not with the GS3 (it takes you to the weather). But yeah, you have to use the "Clock" app to get to the alarm.

Upvote 0
Clock -> Alarm

??

And world clock, and stopwatch, and timer, and desk clock.

Go figure...

Fancy Widgets. Looks just like the HTC Sense one and you can set whatever program to open by tapping different parts of the widget. Best of all, it's free. It's the one I use. There's a couple of others but you have to pay. Like Beautiful Widgets, HD Widgets, etc.

+1 for Beautiful Widgets
After setup, just tap the clock area and the clock app opens.
Also, just tap the date to open the calendar app!

Upvote 0
I downloaded it. Is it suppose to open the alarm or clock when you tap on the clock portion? It doesnt seem to be doing it

Which did you download? Fancy Widgets? If so, it should open the clock, which does have the alarm in it. But I believe by default, you have to tap the hour. If you tap the minutes, it goes into the settings. Are you saying that nothing happens when you tap on it?

The cool thing about Fancy Widgets is that you can program it to open whatever app you want by tapping on the different parts of the widget. To set it up, go into Fancy Widgets settings, then to "advanced settings". There you can configure your tap settings for programs.

Upvote 0
Which did you download? Fancy Widgets? If so, it should open the clock, which does have the alarm in it. But I believe by default, you have to tap the hour. If you tap the minutes, it goes into the settings. Are you saying that nothing happens when you tap on it?

The cool thing about Fancy Widgets is that you can program it to open whatever app you want by tapping on the different parts of the widget. To set it up, go into Fancy Widgets settings, then to "advanced settings". There you can configure your tap settings for programs.

Dunno' what I did. Working now, thanks

Upvote 0

This part is hella cool. It allow you to save space for like 6 other apps on the screen.

Upvote 0
I picked up Gentle Alarm back when it was the Amazon Free App of the Day. It has a lot of options that took me quite awhile to figure out, but now it's the only alarm I use. I even have Beautiful Widgets set up to open the app when I touch the time.
+1 for Gentle Alarm. I did the same thing with Amazon. Used it ever since and love it. I do wish the S3 came with a nice clock for night viewing tho.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones