I can't get snesoid to work on my Droid XSupport

Last Updated:

1. Kaoss

Kaoss Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've seen that others have SNESoid on their DX's but when I installed SNESoid light on my DX and went to freeroms.com I get a black screen.

Here's is what I did.

1.Installed SNESoid lite and ASTRO
    2. Went to freeroms.com
    3. Direct DLed ROM .zips of FF3, Super mario bros. to my phones SD.
    4. Opened with ASTRO went to download folder and extracted in same folder.
    5. Opened SNESoid lite and it went to download folder. It only showed the zip folders and not the actual roms.
    6. so I clicked on the .zip folder but I either get a black screen or really screwy lines.

Nothing I have tried has helped. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. PurePursuit

PurePursuit Well-Known Member

Don't download the roms directly to your phone would be my first work around (and what I did the first time, and it works prefectly). Download the roms to your computer, unzip, and place them in a folder named accordingly..then open up with SNESoid.

Kaoss likes this.
  3. Kaoss

Kaoss Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Wow thanks!! woo hoo!!

4. midijunky

midijunky Member

I found DroidEmuLite, it's pretty cool. Emulates SNES, NES, Genesis, and supposedly GBA/GBC though I have yet to get them working successfully. The rest i've tested and work great. Direct downloads from freeroms.com, though some of the snes roms are in .7z format.

With Wiimote you can tether your wiimote to your droid x via bluetooth and control your games with that, because the soft keys on the droid are kinda bleh... I used to rule Contra, but without the wiimote I can only hold my own in rpg's.

5. 07stealth350z

07stealth350z Well-Known Member

Use the RomBuddy App in the Android Market. I makes finding the Rom's you want sooo much easier.

6. xdroid

xdroid Well-Known Member

I get my roms from doperoms.com and I do not extract them. I just download them on my PC and then upload them to the phone. I have only had a few that did not work (but they have many versions of each rom so I could probably find working ones for those if I tried). I find that the sega and gameboy advance roms play the best on the touch screen. I have GameBoid, Gensoid, Nesoid, and SNesoid (all lite).

7. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

8. xdroid

xdroid Well-Known Member

I need to try that. Using Wiimote app?

9. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

Yup, the wiimote control app. I like using the wii classic controller pro because of the analog sticks, it's much easier than using the actual wiimote.

10. fishslayer

fishslayer New Member

This is most likely a dumb question, but I did notice the warning when I switched user input devices. I did notice that the app does request internet access and was freaked out by it.

Is it possible for an app like this to collect info and send it back?

11. CaucasionJ

CaucasionJ Well-Known Member

i have the Gameboid emu and it says " you must specify the BIOS file in the settings before you can play any games." so i got to Settings and to GBA BIOS file and it says below that "you must specify a BIOS file (usually called gba_bios.bin ) ive tried everything that i can think of. can anyone help?

12. airigo

airigo New Member

man i tried to do this on my mytouch slide and all the games i have wont work,screen goes black then it just goes to my homescreen