• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I Can't Hear Incoming Caller, But They Hear Me

bgwelborn

Lurker
Oct 29, 2010
So I know this has go to be some sort of glitch. My phone started this about four days ago. Incoming call comes, I answer and there is dead silence. The caller however can hear me and my many hello hello hello. So now when I get a call, I have to hang up and call the person back to talk to them. This same issue started at the same time with my daughters EVO. If anyone can give me a clue as to fixing it that would be great.

Never considered that this may be geographic in nature, but I live in the Raleigh area too, I have an EVO, and the past few weeks have been having the same issues noted below (occasionally the caller can hear me, but I can't hear them - the same happens if I call out or if they call me. A few times this resolved itself, but mostly once it happens it stays that way for several calls) Lately, I have taken to doing a power cycle on the phone once this happens, and thereafter it works fine. That could still be the phone, or the network.

Anyone else having this issue?????????

Upvote 0
I'm also in the Raleigh/Cary, NC area and have been experiencing the same problem with my EVO for quite some time. More recently I have been able to hear callers through my phones speaker without picking up the phone. I also have a friend with an EVO experiencing the exact same problem(s) and a friend with an Epic with similar problems. This could be a crucial clue. Thanks for the info.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones