• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I can't plug in my headphones anymore

Lmkt

Jun 4, 2010
Hi there,

since, well, today, I can't plug in my headphones anymore. The jack is 'blocked' about 4/5 through and the headphones are simply not recognized anymore (if I play a mp3 the phone speaker will be used).

My Desire didn't fall or anything, I really don't know how this could have happened. Any pointers?

Cheers

yep it's blocked all right. And no i can't see anything at all blocking :(

I can almost certainly guarantee its blocked, had this problem a few months ago, ear phones would not stay in the hole so i got a small nail (nothing else seemed to work, must have been the fact that the end is sharp) and scraped around gently and what popped out? a load of fluff that had built up over time, there was quite a lot of it too. worth trying as long as your careful.

Reactions: heezdad
Upvote 0
I can almost certainly guarantee its blocked, had this problem a few months ago, ear phones would not stay in the hole so i got a small nail (nothing else seemed to work, must have been the fact that the end is sharp) and scraped around gently and what popped out? a load of fluff that had built up over time, there was quite a lot of it too. worth trying as long as your careful.

Thanks for this - I just did some poking around with a nail and also found loads of white fluff. Now that I've removed it it works fine :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones