I cant receive MMS anymore...wtf?General

Last Updated:

1. lilmoose1002

lilmoose1002 Member This Topic's Starter

Im using the stock messaging app and for about 3 weeks or so I haven't been able to receive an MMS messages. Everytime i receive one it will say in the notification bar "message not downloaded, retransmission scheduled for xx:xx" and in the actual message there is an option to download but when that is selected it just reverts back to the message in the notification bar. Any ideas or solutions? Thanks guys

Advertisement
  2. Jshizzy

Jshizzy Well-Known Member

Try *228

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

3. MPTY

MPTY New Member

I just went through this same issue. In the end after all the troubleshooting (reading and trying various fixes on forums) I ended up calling Verizon support. Immediately was passed to tier 2 support after telling them what I had done to troubleshoot. In the end I did what I didn't want to do...Factory Reset. Everything is great now! If you do a factory reset make sure you download AppBrain and sync your applications so you can get them all back after the reset. After logging into AppBrian from your phone make sure you go onto their webpage on your computer and sign in to activate your account. Good Luck!

4. jhewit22

jhewit22 Well-Known Member

I'm pasting my same response from all other picture/mms threads...

--------------------------------------------------------

Alright...here is the final solution to the "message not downloaded" crap when you get an MMS message and try to download the picture! I went to Verizon and they admitted to me that there is a KNOWN problem in the HTC Droid Eris line. The early models of the Eris have a hardware problem. HTC was so focused on getting their 3G data right, that they skipped an essential part of the 1x data where MMS picture messages come through over all networks.

Basically, I asked the Verizon rep why they didn't tell any of us users who purchased the Eris from the earliest models and they told me that it was an HTC error, not theirs. All they can do is replace the phone to one of the newer models. I just had this done, and it works perfectly. They could have easily contacted all users with the Eris and said that HTC had a problem instead of leaving us to figure it out on our own. They could have provided good customer service and decided not to do so!!

This is the only solution and the Verizon rep knew about the problem and was very helpful. I told him that I was going to post this online, telling ALL users who purchased the early models of the Eris (I got mine in late-November) to take it into Verizon and have a replacement ordered.

All of my paid apps transferred, contacts transferred, pictures transferred, etc...just had to set up my scenes again and download my free apps again...not a big deal!

Jeremy

5. smacky

smacky Banned

All I can think of is 3G. Needs to be enabled.

6. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

my 3g is always on and I never receive any pic mail 97% of the time

7. rabi

rabi Member

everyone with this problem on 1.5? anyone with 1.5 and upgrade to 2.1 have this problem disappear?

My wife has this problem(1.5) and I'm thinking of upgrading her to 2.1, but if that won't help, I will have her return her phone for another one...

8. omfgwtflawl

omfgwtflawl Well-Known Member

9. jhewit22

jhewit22 Well-Known Member

I don't know if upgrading the phone software would help the issue at all. I was (and still am) running 1.5, but since I got the new phone...NO PROBLEMS at all. That would be my suggestion, just get the new free phone from Verizon and then you don't have to worry about it.

10. jtersh

jtersh Member

i had the same problem with 1.5 and the only fix was a factory reboot. the tech i spoke with said a certain app might have caused the problem.
    i also read on here that someone with this problem brought the phone to a verizon store and got a new phone....so if mine comes back im shooting for that.

11. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

I was originally on 1.5 and my MMS almost never downloaded, I had to have ppl send them to my email

now on 2.1 leak number 1(i should say my earlier statement was for 1.5) I seem to get them 30% of the time so it's slightly better to my originally 3% of the time receiving them but not much lol

12. AudiDan

AudiDan Well-Known Member

Have used handcent with 1.5 and now 2.1v2 and get mms with no problems.