1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

I Can't receive text messages on my Xperia X8 after unlockingSupport

1. Originalfusion

Originalfusion New Member

I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia X8. After unlocking the phone I put in my new SIM I realized that thought I could make and receive calls and data, I could only send text messages. The problem I have with my phone currently is that after the unlocking process I can no longer receive text messages on my phone.

I bought the phone during Christmas and it was locked to the O2 network, at the time it was running android 1.6 and I upgraded it to 2.1 shortly after. After the upgrade I could still send and receive text messages perfectly. I left the U.k. about two weeks after buying the phone and roamed it for about a month before finally unlocking it. Please not that even while roaming I was still receiving text messages from the mobile operator (O2).

I have called my current mobile operator (MTN) and they suggested I check the SMSC number, I entered *#*#4636#*#* into the key pad which brought up a menu which I used to check the SMSC number, it is suppose to be +234803000000 but the phone shows “+234803000000”,145 I’ve assumed this is correct and that the quote marks and postfix are redundant.

I’ve tested the phone with different SIM cards all of which will not receive text messages while in the Xperia, but if switched to any other phone the messages that refused to coming in on the Xperia will all start arriving one after the other. When I put my O2 SIM in another phone I still receive text messages from the O2 network, while roaming.

In summary,
    • The problem is I can’t receive text messages on my Sony Ericsson Xperia X8.
    • I unlocked it after a firmware upgrade while roaming.
    • I am confident that it is not the SIM card or mobile operator.
    • I can still receive text messages on my O2 SIM.
    • It was unlocked Via Server. With purchased ID and Password.

Could anybody help me out?

Advertisement
    :
  2. coman_nick

coman_nick Well-Known Member

I used to have the same problem right after I bought the phone. Back then I had it on 1.6.
    The issue is that for some unknown reason (unknown to my warranty provider also) the phone can't read the SMSC from the SIM card. But before they realised that they tested a SIM card which worked ok, even if I tested many and none worked. They said I should change my SIM to an older platform (SIM platform) and it should work. Then they played around with some other SIM cards and got it to work but they don't know why or how they did it.
    Since then I updated and reflashed the phone a couple of times and it's still ok.
    Better talk to SE Support about this, since your warranty should be void because of the unlocking. But i'm not shure.
  3. Originalfusion

Originalfusion New Member

So what your saying is, i should just pop in a few sims till it starts to work?
  4. venukumar

venukumar New Member

Dear ones.. I too got same issue, I'm unable to receive any messages on my X8 but i can able to send messages, After googling I got solution that Minimum internal memory should free is more than 20MB. After i freed the memory i can able to receive the messages...
    Sagar S Saxena likes this.
  5. coman_nick

coman_nick Well-Known Member

Reboot and DON'T kill messaging.
  6. Sagar S Saxena

Sagar S Saxena New Member

bt can't i solve this problam with out free my phone memory...?
    and how can i install apps directly in SD card...?
    tell me plzzzzzzzzz
  7. ashoklaguduva

ashoklaguduva New Member

:):):)
    Right..Mr. Venu answer is perfectly worked..