I can't reset my phoneGeneral

1. 3-fords1000

3-fords1000 Active Member

I'm running Leak v.3 and my Eris has been acting funny lately. I wanted to reset it and start all over to get rid of crap apps that I don't use but when I hold the volume down and power button I just get the lock screen. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

go to
    menu > settings > privacy > factory data reset
    That will do the same thing.
  3. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

I think you need to turn off the phone first, if you're trying to use the recovery menu to do a factory reset. I second the person above me; just use the Privacy menu under Settings to do it instead.
  4. 3-fords1000

I started with it off and still nothing. I'll try the other method but it's just odd that it doesn't work. Isn't this a built in safety function from the manufacturer?
  5. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

You've tried the factory reset through the menu? If so, what is the result?
  6. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I don't know that I'd call this a safety function. It's more of a "I've somehow screwed up my phone and I need to start over" function... :)
  7. 3-fords1000

I haven't tried resetting through the menu yet. I've only tried the vol/ pwr button method.
  8. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Got it. I would suggest trying through the menu options as mhotovec mentioned. At least you may see some progress.