I can't root my Hero. Please Help!!

Last Updated:

1. docmarioce

docmarioce New Member This Topic's Starter

I have the sprint HTC Hero with the latest update and when I'm to create a back up it doesn't let me do it. I then tried to downgrade the phone installing the the Sprint RUU and whn I tried to install the AndroidSDK drivers I can't get to see the Serial Number of my device when I search in the comand bar (following the steps of the Unlockr). I'm using Windows XP with Service Pack 2. Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Mario

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

You can't do a backup until you are rooted. There is also no need to downgrade the RUU.

Go to the xda forums and use the guide listed there. It is literally a step by step guide, if you can't follow that one you shouldn't root.

3. joseamirandavelez

joseamirandavelez Well-Known Member

Or search for fresh prekitchen here... Its pretty easy but you need to be persistent...

4. jdawg0024

jdawg0024 Well-Known Member

You dont need to downgrade. I used the unlockr.com method while I had the 1.56 update. Just follow the unlockr's directions to the "Letter" and it should work. When the phone is plugged into your computer go to your device manager and make sure under ADB devices it says "My Hero" and not dream.

5. astrobill

astrobill Well-Known Member

Try boiling the roots first. It makes them easier to handle in the kitchen(ware).