I can't seem to receive photo texts from iphones. (or blackberries) but they get mine!Support

Last Updated: 2012-10-03 00:34:46
  1. Dieselbud

Dieselbud Well-Known Member

Most of my friends own iphones

I have never been able to receive photos sent from their phones. All I get is the text portion which obviously most of the time make no sense without a photo.

I am certain I have got some from my sister's iphone, but there are definitely 4 friends who have sent photos that never go through.

Is it me or is it them? I feel silly with this 'superior' phone that doesn't work in their eyes. Everyone else gets their pictures.

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

I can only suspect that as always iPhone uses something stupidly proprietary for MMS and thus that does not come through.

Just a guess, though.
  3. Dieselbud

Does anyone else have this problem? I can't be the only one with iphone friends LOL
  4. Heisenberg123

Heisenberg123 Well-Known Member

I had a iPhone 4 before the galaxy and my friend with galaxy got my picture sms all the time
  5. Dieselbud

well it appears it is the blackberry too. My brother sent me a photo 23 minutes ago from his, and my sister sent one from her iphone and I got nothing.\\but they both get pictures from me.

GoSMS pro, could it be that?
  6. Heisenberg123

maybe, are you all on the same carrier? do you get SMS with pictures from other Galaxies?
  7. Dieselbud

we are all on telus I don't know anyone else with a samsung.

I got them on my Samsung Galaxy Captivate, but have never received a picture on my S3 and I bought it the day it came out.
  8. offtheRIM

offtheRIM Well-Known Member

Just tried having my daughter sending me a pic in a text from her iphone5...worked fine. Both with Sprint.
    Dieselbud likes this.
  9. Dieselbud

what the hell is wrong then? I unistalled goSMS and used the stock messaging app and I still get nothing.

I am tempted to do a factory reset I am so mad.
  10. Heisenberg123

i would call telus, they may of goofed something on your plan

my friend on telus use to have issues with pictures messages
  11. Dieselbud

I turned off auto retrieve and finally got one from the iphone. it came as a video clip though...
  12. davidmanvell

davidmanvell Well-Known Member

Talk to your carrier.
  13. Dieselbud

nope it's not my carrier.

I had disabled the stock messaging app and was using goSMS with auto retrieve turned on.

So I uninstalled goSMS (and also turned off auto retrieve) and the picture came as a video file. When I reinstalled goSMS it came in there as a photo!

So I disabled the stock app and it didn't work again. So it appears I have to keep the stock app enabled (and turn off the notifications so they don't double up). I am now able to (manually download) pictures in goSMS.

Auto retrieve and disabling the stock messaging app was causing the problem.