i cant send music file from my galaxy s4Support

Last Updated:

1. ggenie

ggenie New Member

i can send images and videos but i cant send music files, whenever i wanna send a song via bluetooth i get "no nearby bleutooth devices found" but when i try sending it from my file manager it works... why!!

Advertisement
  2. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues - Crazy peacock person -

Hi there, ggenie. I'm going to move this to the Galaxy S4 board because you're more likely to get help there. If your S4 is a variant, such as S4 Google Edition or S4 Zoom, please post again so we can move it to the right forum! :)
  3. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

Hi there

I suspect you are trying to transfer the file directly from your music player, because I can't imagine any other reason why wouldnt it work.

The music player's Bluetooth is not meant for media transferring. It is a feature designated to audio stream to bluetooth compatible devices, like external speakers or car audio system through SYNC.
    And that's is why it can't see the nearby devices you try to transfer the file to. It is not proper streaming receiver.

Hence why you have the access to file manage, so you can move actual data files, from and to your device.

Will you trying to use Media Player? If not, kindly explain, and we will try to figure it out.
  4. ggenie

ggenie New Member

yea exactly! i've tried sending it from my media player but it worked from my file manager thank you so much!
  5. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

Cool :)

I worried it was something else, like an actual app or file problem.

Glad that's sorted out.
    Cheers, and good day