I cant turn on my mobile network 3GSupport

Last Updated:

1. JJ24

JJ24 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

I cant get my 3g to work i pressed the on button using the widget and it is stuck and will not turn on or off. i have tried turning phone on and off but doesnt work!! Help

Advertisement
  2. Fozzy

Fozzy Active Member

Have you tried to enable it via the setting rather than the widget?

Menu -> Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Tick "Data Enabled"

Faster way to do this, you can hold the power button till the menu pops up, then tap Mobile Network and make sure it says "Connect To Mobile Network Is On" or something along those lines.
    (Don't have this on the ROM I use, but I remember it from Sense 1.5 and 2.1)

-----------

If the above options don't work, you should check your APN settings, these can be found in the same menu:

Menu -> Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names

Depends on what network you're on you'll have a couple of APNs, for me I have "Orange UK" and "Orange UK MMS".

You need to look in the "Orange UK" (Or your network equivalent) and make sure that the settings in there, match those advised by your network.

----

Hope this has helped.

3. midge37

midge37 Well-Known Member

If you're on Orange, Orange 3G (nationally) has been borked since yesterday, and last time I checked was still not working

4. poultrum

poultrum Well-Known Member

what network you on?? cos i`m on orange and in east anglia and get no 3g, from what i have read the local 3g transmitter is dodgy this isn`t the first time its happened to me being in this area happens once a month at least, have complained to orange but they don`t seem to bother fixing it would rather just give me

5. philc387

philc387 Active Member

same here, orange uk and since this morning my mobile internet wont work. when i turn it on it just says 'turning on' but nothing else happens

6. randomeclipse

randomeclipse Member

That's a relief, I thought this issue was linked to my 2.1 update I did last night.

Hopefully just coincidental.

7. executiverocker

executiverocker Member

Yeah, Orange is down and when I tried turning my mobile internet on it looks "stuck". Same for everyone apparently.

8. mrobbo

mrobbo Active Member

I'm relieved it's a national issue, and not just with my phone. Been trying to get it to work all day!!

9. JJ24

JJ24 Member This Topic's Starter

oh right i am on orange aswell so thats why thank god for the forum!!

10. jbm

jbm New Member

Hi, I updated to 2.1 yesterday evening and my 3g has not been working since. I'm on orange but the phone was originally 3uk. Did your 3g's come back on? Any help would be much appreciated.

11. Fozzy

Fozzy Active Member