I cant unlock my G1. Please Help. Thanks.General

Last Updated:

1. ssss909090

ssss909090 New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok my G1 was working perfectly. I rooted it and then tried to unroot it, and when I did I put like the necessary files to do it and then then the sign in to gmail account showed up like when you first get the phone. So I attempted to unlock it but I keep getting the error saying I dont have data, but I do (100% sure)
    - Im in the US so I use the Tmobile USA APN
    - I tried to unlock it with an att sim choosing the Att apn but nothing (it worked before when I first got the phone and it was rooted)
    - So I tried my friends Tmobile sim who also has a data plan and still the same error
    - I even did a fatory reset (Alt w) and tried again and still same thing
    - the phone is still rooted, any suggestions? please help. thanks.
    - I think the files that I put to unroot might have messed this up. should i use another phone and put the right files on the micro sd card and try it on g1. Anyone know the right files that I would need.

Advertisement
  2. mudrock1000

mudrock1000 Well-Known Member

I know NOTHING about the G1 so I'm not sure how much help I'll be but you mention that it's rooted. Go and download a different rom and slap it on there and report back.

And what do you mean files to "Unroot"

3. ssss909090

ssss909090 New Member This Topic's Starter

by unroot i mean like unhack it. put it back to the original factory condidtion. like i was jsut following the steps and files need to unhack it.

4. mudrock1000

mudrock1000 Well-Known Member

Can you explain how you did it? As I've said my nexus is my first android phone so I'm a bit shaky. ;)