• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I can't update my magic Please help!

Hi i just got the HTC Dream ( like 3 days ago ) I have been trying to update it but I always get this error

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Veryfying update package...
E: no signature (302 files) <---- this number may vary
E: verification failed
Installation aborted.

I've been trying with differents updates like CRC1, Rc19, TC4, RC28

but the same problem

I tryed to do the manual installation but i got same error

Wich file do o need o wich program? And wich update do I use firts?

My HTC doesn't have any update.

About phone

Firmware version 1.5
Baseband version 62.52s.18U_3.22.20.17
Kernel version 2.6.27-9af60ed4

My BUILD NUMBER is 1.85.631.5 146733 CL#33863 release-keys

Please help me D: I'm getting mad with this update and I really want to update :thinking::(:thinking:

Pd. I got the phone in canada with rogers

@KUATEMACHU: Rogers does not currently offer the official update to Android 1.6, we are stuck on 1.5. I spoke with a woman named Sherri from the office of the president who claims Rogers will be getting 1.6 from HTC at the end of December to "test & evaluate" and that we _might_ get 1.6 from the Rogers web site in the new year. I'll believe it when I see it.

You can read here for more on this story: http://androidforums.com/rogers/10647-rogers-dream-1-6-update.html

We need to pester Rogers until they get it to us or they will do nothing.

Upvote 0
@KUATEMACHU: Rogers does not currently offer the official update to Android 1.6, we are stuck on 1.5. I spoke with a woman named Sherri from the office of the president who claims Rogers will be getting 1.6 from HTC at the end of December to "test & evaluate" and that we _might_ get 1.6 from the Rogers web site in the new year. I'll believe it when I see it.

You can read here for more on this story: http://androidforums.com/rogers/10647-rogers-dream-1-6-update.html

We need to pester Rogers until they get it to us or they will do nothing.

Thank you a lot, So I Will wait until I Can get or until i find the way to do it :) :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones