• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help i cant use my sd card's memory always puts stuff on internal memory

i just recently acquired this Samsung Admire and it has become quite a hassle to try and get the apps or any other kind of things and it always goes directly into the phones internal memory and i cant seem to find a way to move it to the sd card and now i cant download anything and the phone has a notification constantly pooping up saying i dont have enough memory space now if someonte where to help i would be very thankful.

By default, Android always installs apps etc on the internal memory, not the SD Card. If you root, you could potentially use apps2sd/link2sd. In Laymas terms the latter allows a certain part of the SD Card to behave as an extension of your handsets internal memory.

Alternatively, you can try something like this (folks have had various degrees of success): http://androidforums.com/htc-wildfire-s/469775-forcing-apps-install-sd-card-without-root.html

Obviously installing the HTC Sync drivers will be pointless, you'd need to use the correct Samsung drivers for your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones