I Can't Use The Menu KeySupport

1. natashaluv

natashaluv New Member

Hi Im using sonyericsson x10i android 2.1.
    Please help me with this!
    I have installed many applications from the android market and I don't know which but an application killed the 'android' apk in my x10i. I could see the killed apk in home but when I tap it says that the apk is not installed. I'm sure I did not delete or uninstall any apk called 'android'. Because of this happen I could never use the menu key on middle. And when I press the power key there's is only one option now, that's 'switch off'. I tried a lot to recover this but unfortunately I could not find any apk nor any help to recover this. This is why I joined this forum. Hope this would be a great place. Please Help! I don't want this phone if I can't use the menu key. PLEASE HELP.

Advertisement
    :
  2. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

The middle button is "Home" so you probably killed the launcher? Did you just try rebooting your phone? If yes, try downloading another launcher from the Market (try Zeam).

If that doesn't work, try to backup your stuff and repair the phone with SEUS or PC Companion (you'll need to use a Windows computer).
    natashaluv likes this.
  3. natashaluv

natashaluv New Member

thanx, yeah i see a apk called fast reboot pro in my phone, i hve downloaded it, oh is that? And i have doenloaded two launchers but none of that could help it, i could not use the home button. It doesnt work at all, help me more, can i repair my phone by myself? what should i do now? Pls help more.
  4. natashaluv

natashaluv New Member

Oh sorry i could not install Zeam. It says some problem when i try to install but why? Could not install any launcher. So sad,
  5. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

Well if you just installed something and the problem appeared just later, it would be a good idea to uninstall it and reboot to see if it solves the problem.

If you want to repair the phone, download PC Companion or Sony Ericsson Update Service (SEUS) on SonyEricsson's website, then run the program and follow the instructions, it will get back to factory settings.
    natashaluv likes this.