• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I deleted email.apk and I want it back

acura2g

Sep 26, 2010
I've tried many different email.apk's on the internet trying to get this app back but no luck. Some just don't work and other give a parsing error.

I have LG Ally 2.1 update-1 and if someone could just give me a copy of the email.apk, please!

I need this for my work and i accidentally deleted it. help me

I get error: "application not installed"

errrr so close!
hey i told you i had the same problem lol reflash your rom or flash another:p... it is the only way i know of. if you are scared just take a xanax before you do it lol. here is what you do. get velocity .2 then get drellisdee's recovery tool not clockworkmod or allyRR and just flash it. it is not hard. people just have problems because they forget to flash their stock recovery afterward but you do not have to do so with drellisdee's tool. bty when you flash, dont use a shitty computer.

Upvote 0
hey i told you i had the same problem lol reflash your rom or flash another:p... it is the only way i know of. if you are scared just take a xanax before you do it lol. here is what you do. get velocity .2 then get drellisdee's recovery tool not clockworkmod or allyRR and just flash it. it is not hard. people just have problems because they forget to flash their stock recovery afterward but you do not have to do so with drellisdee's tool. bty when you flash, dont use a shitty computer.

It is not recommened to use the AllyRR tool though because the recovery is out of date. . If you are going to use drellisdee's recovery atleast flash the newest one. It's not hard. :)

Upvote 0

what about all this shit i'm reading about clearing cache

Upvote 0
i had this problem a couple of days ago myself. all i did was
su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
adb push /sdcard/Email.apk /system/app/Email.apk
and it installed fine.
my problem was that i kept getting connection errors after updating the firmware, so i figured I'd just reinstall it. i later figured out i needed to push it back onto the phone :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones