I don't believe that the Droid Eris can be updatedGeneral

Last Updated:

1. MissionCommander

MissionCommander Member This Topic's Starter

After several attempts to update my Droid Eris to 2.1, i have concluded that everyone who says that they have updated their hardware is completely full of shit... lol Naw really I'm sure they have done so but for some odd reason I haven't been able to.

Advertisement
  2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

What is the problem?

3. MissionCommander

I dont where to start. I have downloaded the file. Placed it on the lowest level and have followed all of the instructions. When i power up its keep reading: no image every line. It never gives me the option to update.

4. OfTheDamned

You haven't unzipped the file right? Which buttons are you using to reset the phone? What size is the file?

5. MissionCommander

I havent unzipped it. Oh, but it does say invalid file when I click on it. Maybe its the file because I'm sure I'm pressing the right buttons: volume down and the power/end call button, right? I also have checked the file and it is 108,854,573 bytes. So, i dont know what it could be besides it being the wrong file.

6. OfTheDamned

You might try deleting the one you have and downloading it again. Make sure the new file doesn't have a (2) at the end and try again.

7. korben dallas

korben dallas Well-Known Member

I've done it several times, I download it using my phone. You just need to move it from download folder to sdcard folder using astro.

8. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

Try Formating your sd card a few people were having this problem and when they formatted it worked like a charm.

9. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

I used an old sd card to install it that had nothing on it maybe try that . Also when I updated from v1 to v2 I didn't think it was working took a lot longer then the first leak to actually give me any options maybe upwards of 10minutes .

10. Morkai Almandragon

Morkai Almandragon Well-Known Member

what format options should be used on the SD card?

11. ChiTownJim

I didn't format my card at all, just deleted everything off of it , put it in my computer put the zip file on it. Put it in my phone and when it was all installed and updated I put my old sd card with all my stuff back in the phone.

12. truelove79

truelove79 Well-Known Member

I'm sure you're doing it right, you're probably just using the wrong terminology, but I wanted to be sure. You need to place the file on the HIGHEST level, not the lowest. Don't put it in any folders, just put it right on the SD card on the top level.

13. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

I downloaded the zip file to my desktop then dragged it over to the sd card folder (after everything else was deleted from the sd card). It took a minute or so for it to copy over to the sd card folder.

Real simple after that.

14. BOMBO

BOMBO Active Member

reformat the card from your phone. Load the .zip back on and it will work.

15. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Wait, what are you "clicking on"?

16. LiverpoolsNo9

LiverpoolsNo9 Well-Known Member

No you are right. Its an elaborate april fools trick that the entire eris community has spent months colluding on, just for you. ;)

17. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Well-Known Member

This sounds like you were on the right track. If I rem correctly, it says no image and on the right, there should be a blue progress bar, slowly moving upwards. Do you see that? And like after 2-3mins, give you the options that are said in the guide. Or you get none of this? When I first did it, I wasnt patient enough and thought it wasnt working for me either.

18. Hipshot

Hipshot Well-Known Member

I just followed the kid in the video, While the directions were a bit off from the new leak, they were close enough to follow. Went smooth

I did not wipe my sd card. and I did notice it wiped off all the apps & contacts I had installed. No biggie though. I had the contacts backed up at least. :rolleyes:

19. ChiTownJim

Just remember all the apps that you have bought are still yours andwhen you goto the marketplace you can download them for free. They will say "purchused" next to them