I don't get it ? ?

Last Updated:

1. Zameus

Zameus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

EVO 4G Scratch Test Says This Thing Can Take Some Wear, Maybe Even Tear | Android Phone Fans

According to the link above, our EVO's screens should be able to take some punishment. Yet I have noticed really small hair like scratches on my screen. I don't get it. Was the above scratch test a hoax? Apparently the OP has removed the video from YouTube. I've been babysitting my phone like a newborn and I don't understand how I could have scratched the screen so minor. Hmmm....:confused:

Advertisement
    sikclown likes this.
  2. JoshUng

JoshUng Well-Known Member

I never trust those things, I use a screen protector regardless. Then again, on many of my other phones/ipods I only see the scratches at a certain angle, so if there are scratches on the phone, maybe it really wasn't noticeable on the youtube video.

3. Zameus

Zameus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yep, I think it's time I go with a screen protector. I've always gone with BodyGuardz. They give you 2 for the price of 1 that Zagg gives you:

BodyGuardz for HTC Evo Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Films | Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Films :)

4. bimmjo

bimmjo Well-Known Member

my screen is naked, not babied, and still sexy. i do have the gel case on it which keeps it from laying directly on any surface. its glass so its not unscratchable, but it should hold up well with normal uses.

5. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

Get that sand out of your pocket.

6. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

I was going to mention something about that too :p. No case nor screen protector here, launch day phone, still in perfect condition.

7. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

i dont know about your living situation...
    but... glass screens can be scratched by something of same or harder material...

so.. if you live in area.. that has sand.. or you got something like sand in your pocket.

that might what happened

8. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

no screen protector here and zero scratches but i have a case that keeps the glass off of surfaces when I place it face down. Also very conscious of keeping Keys, coins, etc in a separate pocket from my phone and also keeping all watches, rings, etc away from the screen. Also to the OP... didn't you also crack your camera lens?

9. supaumar

supaumar Well-Known Member

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

10. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

One more launch day naked and scratchless.

11. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member

I'm naked. I would rather wait and see if I get scratches, then use a cond...oops, screen protector.

12. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

two evos in the house, one since launch day, the other is 3 weeks old. Neither are "babied" and there are no scratches on either one.