1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

I Don't Know How To Uninstall My Custom Home Replacement

Last Updated:

1. Dramarenko

Dramarenko Active Member This Topic's Starter

Yesterday I did something stupid.:eek: I'm working with the Eclipse IDE and WebView Kit.

I have installed my Webview app as home replacement and now my app is loaded after Android reboot. (I do this only for test).

Now I can't close my application and I can't uninstall it
    . (This was what I wanted, but not now!! my application was still under development. :()

How I can now uninstall it and return to the default home? The only thing I can think of is to update the firmware, but this is my last option.

You have a better idea?
    :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

does it run ontop of stock android? or sense etc?

you probably already tried this but...

if you go to settings/applications/manage applications , can you find the home program and open it, there should be an option to remove defaults, that way when you click on home it should promp you to choose you default home app again.

or look for launcher or htc sense etc in settings/applications/manage applications and see if you can set it to be default from there?

3. Dramarenko

Hi, thanks for your effort.

I can't go to settings/applications/manage applications. My app can't permit that.

When i turn on my Tablet my app is the fisrt that i can see. And i can't close it. I forgot add an option to my app to access to Android settings.

Any key combination that permit me open the settings?

4. CarsnGadgets

A long shot but could you stop the home replacement by installing a task killer and killing your home replacements process? would that drop it back to stock android? or cant you install from your program yet?

5. Dramarenko

I can't install a program. When i press the "menu" button, nothing happen. When i press the "home" button, nothing happen. My app is on top on every moment. When i plug the microsd or my pendrive, i can't access to file manager to update my app to solve my problem. :(

6. CarsnGadgets

can you put your phone into bootloader mode?

by Pressing the back button and the power button together until the fastboot screen appears?

Not sure how that could help, but sounds like you know more about android than I do, maybe you can do something from there?

thats the last Idea I had, goodluck with it.

7. Dramarenko

Thanks, but i haven't a back button, i'm on an android pad, not in a phone :(

If i have a firmware, can i update and install same firmware many times? and again and again?

8. uzetaab

uzetaab Well-Known Member

I don't see why not, but I would imagine that would wipe all user data wouldn't it?

You're probably better off asking these types of questions on the XDA developer forums though.

9. kevin@teslacoilsw

kevin@teslacoilsw VIP Member VIP Member

It sounds like you have the developer tools installed? And usb drivers? Then you can do:
    adb uninstall com.example.yourhomereplacement

(With the com.example.yourhomereplacement being the full name of your program).

Alternatively you can use adb install to install a new home replacement like ADW or Launcher Pro and then that will reset the home button.

10. Dramarenko

I haven't. I haven

11. CarsnGadgets

how have you installed your software, was it from an apk or some other method? have you used some kind of developer tools to put it on the tablet, flashed new fimware?, can you give us some more info about how you got to this point, it may help us think of a way around the problem.

what device is it and what version of android?

edit: just noticed its an Eken M002