I dont know what happened! HELP!General

Last Updated:

1. UberKupcake

UberKupcake Member This Topic's Starter

Well i have a unlocked G-1 and i use it to surf the web at my house. the only problem is that even if i have FULL signal on my internet, when i go on the browser, it said it wont load. i have also tried youtube, and it says the same thing. i have no idea whats going on and this has never happened before

i really need help on this because i really dont wanna go a new phone. i just want to figure out if my G-1 is broken or not...
    i have had my G-1 for about a year now

Advertisement
  2. damnmad

damnmad Well-Known Member

Tried rebooting? resetting?

3. UberKupcake

if you mean rebooting by turning off the phone, then yes i have tried that

4. damnmad

What about resetting? Settings>Master reset

5. UberKupcake

what do you mean by resetting? how do you reset?

6. damnmad

Resetting is wiping the phone. Go to settings>SD Card and Phone Storage Settings>Factory data reset. This will remove anything stored on the phone. Applications, contacts, bookmarks, etc. If they're synced with your Google account, no problem. Otherwise back them up. There are apps available on the market to do this.

Oh just one more thing. Make sure you don't have Droidwall. Check in your programs whether you have it. If you do, tell me.

7. UberKupcake

no i do not have that app. oh ok. is this suppose to get my internet back on my phone or something? what if it doesnt work...?

8. damnmad

If it doesn't work, the cause is probably your router (which I say probably is now). Just remembered, if you are using WPA2, switch it to WPA1. Less secure, but Android can work on it. Have you tried it on another wifi connection? If all doesn't work, try flashing another ROM (if you know how to do this). Otherwise, get it to a support center.

Can you check your ROM and tell me what it is? Go to Settings>About phone. Read the following values for me: Model number, Firmware version, Mod version (if you see it), and build number (just the bottom).

9. UberKupcake

Model number: Tmobile G1
    Firmware: 1.6
    No MOD number
    Build number: DRC83
    i doubt its my router because i have perfect internet on my laptop and my xbox as well as my brothers i phone
    why do you need this info? just curious

10. damnmad

I wanted to know if you had root access. Doesn't matter if you don't know what it means. If that were the case, I would have thought an app might have done something with the codes, but it's not.
    Now here are some questions I should have asked at the beginning :eek:
    - Did you have access to your internet through your wifi when you first got the phone or have you never been able to use wifi internet on it?
    - Do you have a data plan? If so, when you're using the network, do you have access to the internet?

Sorry I should have asked those at the beginning

EDIT: The internet can be perfect on other devices, yet not work with the G1, not because of deflects, but because of incompatibility with devices/encryption protocols. The best way to know is trying your G1 on another wifi network.

11. UberKupcake

Well

i have used wifi on my g1 since i got it. and like right this moment, it doesnt seem to work

and i do not have a data plan.

thanks for the info, though

12. damnmad

Last note: try forgetting the network from your phone and connecting again (if you haven't already). If it doesn't work, reset it to factory settings after backing up what you don't want to lose. If that doesn't work either, I can't find any solution other than flashing a ROM (if you know how to). Otherwise, take it to a support center.

You're welcome. Thanking me for wasting your time you mean? lol

13. UberKupcake

Yea that too lol x)

Uhm dude i connected to my friends wi fi network and it work perfectly fine their. but not here for some ood reason... ?

Whats flashing a rom?

14. damnmad

Man take my solution full, please. Try the stuff I tell you to do one by one. Start with what I first say then go to the next. One more thing to try: resetting your router. Try everything first then we'll talk about flashing a ROM.