• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

i dont think my phone will turn off!

sunny5001

Jun 22, 2010
i know it sounds mental, but bascially i hold the top button down, select power off, confirm it, then i have the power off logo showing and spinning non stop untill i take the back and battery off and restart the phone!! anybody else come across this? am i somehow doing it wrong? i left my phone 'shutting down' all night so it doesnt sort itself out. is there some app etc that stops your phone shutting down that i may downloaded? any help appreciated as im meant to be getting on a plane soon!

I'm not sure what exactly happens - I presume that if you don't unmount it, the phone carries on checking it or shecking for it while trying to turn off and it slows it down or something.

I had a Galaxy i7500 before the Desire, and I didn't notice a problem with it shutting down without unmounting the card, but the Desire does seem to have a bit of an issue with it.

All I can suggest is that you try it and see. Failing that, try a factory reset and then install apps one by one, turning the phone off between each app to see if that causes it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones