• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I don't understand battery concern issues.

Airwalkr

Jun 5, 2010
I read one review where the journalist mentioned the Evo sat on standby on his desk for 6 hours, and when he left work it was completely dead.

I work a 6 hour shift, phone is on standby, and it's barely grazing the 90% mark.

Are these reviewers unaware of the customizable potential of Android?

I maximize use out of my phone, and easily lasts me 16 hours.

Sorry, just a rant.

But non-tech oriented people should stick to Apple products. I was a long time PC fanboy, because I loved customizing, playing games, a lil hacking n cracking now and then.

Now I'm older, I just like to come home turn on the computer, use the internet and turn it off. So in turn, I bought an IMac.

My phone has remained my lone soldier though, in my quest for nerdism and tinkering. I think people need to understand Android is for the existentialist while IPhone is for the be-told.

Reactions: zombdroid
of course, we must all be complaining about nothing. we are non-technical folks who know nothing about disabling wi-fi, disabling bluetooth, making sure 4G is not active since many of us aren't even in 4G areas, exiting gtalk, checking to make sure we are on cdma and following the battery cycling steps when powered on and off and still only gettng 4-6 hours of battery life. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Honestly, it seems to me like it takes about a week or so of charging a battery to get it to the point where it will hold a charge beyong 12 hours. A lot of the complaints seem to come about when people first get the phones without giving it some time to tweak it and let the battery "break-in," so to speak.

The first few days, I was constantly charging it and now, I take it off the charger at 5 am and it's usually down to 15% by 8 pm or so with moderate to heavy use. But again, I've installed a task killer app and don't run 4g or gps all day, granted, I am on 3g mobile and occassionally 4g when I'm not at home.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones