I don't want to delete emails from server

1. chewedpup

chewedpup Well-Known Member

New to Android - kind of overwhelmed. My big problem now is that if I get an email (gmail) on my phone, and I delete it, it is deleted from my server as well. I need to be able to delete it from my phone if necessary but keep it on my server. Any ideas? Thank you,

Advertisement
    :
  2. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

I do not believe it can be done as all the emails come from the server and once deleted it syncs back, bu I am sure someone here will weigh in if I am incorrect
  3. c_aus

c_aus Disabled

Click archive. It will delete off your phone but will still be in your All Mail folder on Gmail.
  4. chewedpup

Thanks for the response - as I"m so new to Android, I'm not 100% sure whether you mean I should go to a setting through my gmail account (computer) or if this is an option I set on my phone?:cool:
  5. c_aus

c_aus Disabled

I meant on the phone. There should be three options at the bottom of the screen for Archive, Delete and Older. Delete will move the message to your deleted items in Gmail, while Archive will move it out of your inbox but in to your All Mail folder on Gmail. So if you use outlook, it will still download your message if you use pop3 settings. If you use IMAP, then you will have to click on the All Mail folder....same thing if you log in to Gmail's website.

Hope this helps!
  6. chewedpup

Wel, I'm in my Mail account and looking at Gmail - I click on Menu, and the options I have are received, conversation, compose, mark unread, delete, forward. If I click on "delete" it's gone - from the phone and also the server (my computer). I am accessing my gmail through the MAIL Icon that came with the Hero - is that the right thing to do?
    Thank you again - really appreciate your help, this is an important issue so I'm grateful for your assistance.
  7. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

She is using the pop 3 version for her Gmail, not the Gmail one that has the envelope with the M, she uses the other one because it shows the full email text body as the other one does not
  8. Rico ANDROID

Rico ANDROID Well-Known Member

Bringing back to life a discussion started in 2010

Does anyone have a manual email setup for Gmail on an android device where it allows the incoming server setting to "Delete From Server"

When I read and delete an email from my android device (using Enhanced Email), I want the email to delete from server as well. I have successfully set up LIVE Mail and Yahoo to delete from the server when I delete the mail from my android.

Currently deleted gmails keep coming back filling up my device inbox. Then when I log onto gmail from the computer, its overwhelmed with thousands of emails ive read from the device but can only delete them when i log onto gmail at a computer.

HELP!

Click HERE: To Check Out Enhanced Email at Google Play