I don't want to lurk....or do I ? Its a rant not a thread! I apologise in advance

Last Updated:

1. terrybyte

terrybyte New Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 9, 2010
    Well I am 30, married, but I havent seen my wife since I got an andriod phone. I am a gun and car fanatic as well, ok, let me tell you what happend as I really need to vent, bitch, whine, whatever you guys want to call it. I am a cellular technician, I started out climbing cell towers and swapping antennas for ATnt in 1999, then I became a tech doing integration on base stations, Ive worked for every carrier whether contracting or direct employee programming the cabinets that process the calls, evdo on verizon, 3g and umts on atnt, umts on t-mobile, even metro pcs and cricket are up in the mix somewhere, Ive had atnt for 10 years as my provider because I had a large part in building the network in my area(southern california) and many other areas and I was proud. I had a blackberry, it was cool, I put movies and music on it, but when my friend showed me his cliq, I was done, I wanted one, I checked online and saw the motorola crapflip, I got it, and I loved it.... for about 4 days, then I tried getting an app that my friend had, not found? what do you mean? I just saw it on his market! Then I tried deleting some things I didn't need on the phone which I now know is called bloatware, denied!! well really really long story shorter (sorry guys). I didn't know the n in atnt stood for nazi, and I didn't know that my backflip was some sort of rape baby between atnt and you know who, I didnt know it would be impossible to root and that I would end up sitting in the shower crying, rubbing myself with sand paper repeating: "must get clean", and "its not you fault" like some lifetime movie of the week. Well I love my crapflip (my 3rd one due to software issues and one that would over pixelate with white spots at random but thats a different story), but I do love the phone, I love android and I cannot go back, but I can switch to another carrier if my 2.1 update doesn't make my phone alot better,if we ever get the 2.1 update. It'll be hard, 10 years is alot of history, especially since I built the damn network. But I will, I just have to be strong, call them and say... I dont know, the its not you its me line wont work with them because they know its them, who cares, god I hope no one reads this. How embarrasing. I feel alot better though, thanks for being there for me and I'm normally not this much of a douche, just maybe a pinch or a splash of douche.

2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Welcome aboard, sorry for your situation with the satan carrier. I finally just convinced my wife to jump ship from them.

Motorola Backflip - Android Forums Check with the guys there and see if they have any advice or insight for you.

Just think, the advantage to this experience is that you know what to avoid in the future! :)
    terrybyte likes this.
  3. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Jan 11, 2010
    "You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything."
    terrybyte likes this.