• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I don't want to pay $649!!

After checking out Newegg, Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart and AT&T....I've found the only place that will ship the Captivate to Canada is a seller on Ebay. And he wants $649 for it. Is there anywhere else that I could buy from that wouldn't be that expensive? I REALLY want the Captivate, but $649 seems to be pretty damn high for a smart phone that's been selling for as low as $229 (special at Walmart, over now). Any ideas?

After checking out Newegg, Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart and AT&T....I've found the only place that will ship the Captivate to Canada is a seller on Ebay. And he wants $649 for it. Is there anywhere else that I could buy from that wouldn't be that expensive? I REALLY want the Captivate, but $649 seems to be pretty damn high for a smart phone that's been selling for as low as $229 (special at Walmart, over now). Any ideas?

The $229 was a pricing error. Everybody's order got canceled. $499 is the right price, but some stores sold it at $350 due to glitches in how it rang up. Samsung is doing a launch of the Galaxy S in 110 countries. I am sure someone is Canada will carry it before the year ends.

Upvote 0
Can you not get across the border yourself?

No, it would cost me a lot to get there, it would be much easier to do it online.

I know that eventually someone in Canada will sell it, but I need it now :p

And I don't know anyone with a US address that I could ship it to and then have them ship it to me....

Basically I was hoping someone would know of an online store that would ship the Captivate to Canada.

Upvote 0
No, it would cost me a lot to get there, it would be much easier to do it online.

I know that eventually someone in Canada will sell it, but I need it now :p

And I don't know anyone with a US address that I could ship it to and then have them ship it to me....

Basically I was hoping someone would know of an online store that would ship the Captivate to Canada.

If you pay to ship it from my house to you also, you can send it to my house and I'll ship it to you.

Phil

Upvote 0
You might have to just wait a few weeks or find someone willing to adopt you :D

Unfortunately the really cheap prices went away and since you aren't an At&t customer, not likely to get them to sell you a phone below the $499 price anytime soon.

If I bought it for you, I would need a "handling fee", so after buying it for $499, and the $125 handling fee, I can get it to you for $624 :eek: :D

Upvote 0
Remember that this phone is NOT unlocked. So, you still need to figure out how to unlock it and add that to your cost. And since you are not with a US carrier, no chance to get it at a discount. The regular price of this phone, as already mentioned, is $499.

My suggestion would be to see if someone on state side can get it at a discount on their account and may be sell it yo you at an ok price. Or just hold off for now

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones