I downloaded the 1.5 SKD...now how do I install....

Last Updated:

1. pacothebandit

pacothebandit Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,

SO i downloaded the new 1.5 early look SDK and its just sitting on my desktop of my mac cause I don't know what to do with it haha...anyone know how to install it? any help would be great. Thanks guys

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

3. pacothebandit

...hmmm that looks like it going to be way to involved for me to understand...i guess I was looking for someone who has already done it and would guide me through the steps of getting it on my G1...oh well, guess i'll just have to wait for the push from Google.

4. justjimjpc

Well if you haven't rooted your phone then you wouldn't be able to do it anyway ... you can find a guide to rooting on this forum ..

5. justjimjpc

I know I am not ready to venture doing it ,,,, until I have two G1s... one to use and one to screw up ... :eek:

6. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

It is easy man..... follow the directions from here : http://androidforums.com/developer-101/3252-rooting-quick-guide-updated-3-10-09-a.html (you will need to d/l telnet from the market) but instead of using JFv1.42_RC33 use this http://sapphire-port-dream.googlecode.com/files/5.0.1Gr3-signed.zip instead... if you don't like it or have issues simply repeat repeat steps 4 and 5 with the JFv1.42 and radio and you will return the phone to a "ROOTED" RC33 build... really easy to do just looks and sounds hard......

7. pacothebandit

Well said, I already have root access with the JF os...im just eager to get ahold of the new updates and all that fun stuff. So...I'll just wait like everyone else haha

8. pacothebandit

Naw I have root