I downloaded the First leaked OTA - Will my Inc be OK when I upgrade to froyo?


Last Updated:

  1. NiteRider

    NiteRider Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2010
    Messages:
    221
    Likes Received:
    137
    I'm seeing conflicting info on this and wasn't sure. I don't want to end up with an expensive brick either. Any help is appreciated.
     

    Advertisement
  2. Hand76

    Hand76 Guest

    You downloaded the leaked ota but none of the leaked 2.2 froyo roms? If so you could always do that and live the good life now. And yes you need to install the froyo roms currently available on top (sorta say) of the leaked ota. You install the roms through the clockwork recovery. Also it is recommended that you do a wipe/reset of data and clear your cache first before installing the new rom. Both again can be easily pulled of with the options available to you in clockwork.



    Otherwise if you are just waiting for the official froyo 2.2 update ota you should NOT install that on top of what you have now.

    You should return everything to stock first. To do so follow the sticky threads on the top of this page. Return your hboot first and than the next step will allow you to return to stock.
     
  3. Jonezilla

    Jonezilla Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2010
    Messages:
    28
    Likes Received:
    0
    I too am curious about this, but I have heard that it will be ok to install the Official 2.2 over the manually installed 1st OTA leak. Can anyone else elaborate?
     
  4. DizkoDan

    DizkoDan Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2010
    Messages:
    385
    Likes Received:
    86
    No one knows for sure what the consequences will be, because the OTA hasn't been pushed yet. That said, the froyo push is said to include the 2.0 radio in the OTA. The concern is that you could potentially brick your droid by applying the same update twice. But again, there's no way to know just yet. The best thing you can do is just wait. DO NOT accept the OTA until you are sure of if it will work or not. I'm pretty sure that we'll all know pretty quickly if it starts bricking phones.
     
  5. Bug Splat

    Bug Splat Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 28, 2010
    Messages:
    280
    Likes Received:
    34
    Could not have said it better.

    IMO its better to go back to the stock 2.1update and update to the official 2.2 OTA, that way you don't have to worry about bricking. Sure it sucks having to set your phone back up (done it twice) but its better than not having a working phone. Easily worth spending the extra couple hours being on the safe side.
     
  6. Jonezilla

    Jonezilla Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2010
    Messages:
    28
    Likes Received:
    0
    Sounds reasonable to me!
     
  7. Jonezilla

    Jonezilla Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2010
    Messages:
    28
    Likes Received:
    0
    With the Official Froyo confirming that the radio is indeed updated from that of the first OTA leak, would it be safe to assume we can safely apply the official Froyo update?
     
  8. Jonezilla

    Jonezilla Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2010
    Messages:
    28
    Likes Received:
    0
    Anyone?
     
  9. ACD168

    ACD168 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2010
    Messages:
    1,885
    Likes Received:
    162
    Honestly I'm not too sure, but what I do know, is that you can downgrade from this leak back to completely"stock" thus being able to receive the update... so why not do that?
     
  10. Jonezilla

    Jonezilla Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2010
    Messages:
    28
    Likes Received:
    0
    Well, I guess because I was hoping I wouldn't have to. And I'm not entirely sure how. Guess I'll stay searching for how to.

    Thanks for the reply.
     
  11. lafester

    lafester Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2010
    Messages:
    387
    Likes Received:
    88
    you should be ok as we know the radio is the same one from the 8/1 leak.
    since many of us have flashed that radio with no problems from 2.05 you should be good to go as well.

    at this point if you want to go to stock its almost easier to root and s-off and then go back rather then downgrading hboot but its up to you :) i do think you will be ok though i just can't confirm.
     
    Jonezilla likes this.
  12. Jonezilla

    Jonezilla Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2010
    Messages:
    28
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'm inclined to agree with you logically, I'm just nervous, because I haven't yet dove into rooting etc., and can't afford to brink my phone...thanks for the feedback.
     
  13. civicsisedan

    civicsisedan Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2010
    Messages:
    840
    Likes Received:
    178
    So for us rooted on first leak of 2.2.

    It's safe to say we wont even get a notification to update?
     
  14. ACD168

    ACD168 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2010
    Messages:
    1,885
    Likes Received:
    162
    most likely.

    when devs build custom roms, they can simply make it so you don't get that notification... or at least this was the way it was on the D Eris.
    So like when you first rooted 2.1 and made that you shouldn't ever delete, of stock, you should get the notification on that no matter what, root, clockwork mod, whatever your story is you should get it, because its built into the ROM, I could be wrong, but this was my understanding coming from the the Eris.
     

Share This Page

Loading...