• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I dropped my droid... won't turn on!

I dropped my Droid on the garage floor... the back cover came off and the battery came out. I put it all back together and now the Droid won't turn on! When I try and power it on, there's a dim backlight, but that's it... almost doesn't even look like it's on, but if I take the batter out I can see the front light go completely black, so I can tell it was on. I tried calling my phone, but it goes directly into voice mail.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated! :thinking: :( :mad:

Thanks.
I found this when I was having a similar problem. I finally found myself a solution. To reboot my phone. I tried to turn it on 3 times and all I got was the Samsung logo. I left it a long while and finally decided to google how to reboot it. This is what I found: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00038740/845102224/. You hold down the volume down button and the power/lock key for about 10 seconds. Then a screen pops up and asks if you want to got to the OS or something or if you want to cancel and restart. You hit the down volume button and restart your phone. Now my phone is working and I sure hope it stays that way.

Reactions: whonu
Upvote 0
I found this when I was having a similar problem. I finally found myself a solution. To reboot my phone. I tried to turn it on 3 times and all I got was the Samsung logo. I left it a long while and finally decided to google how to reboot it. This is what I found: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00038740/845102224/. You hold down the volume down button and the power/lock key for about 10 seconds. Then a screen pops up and asks if you want to got to the OS or something or if you want to cancel and restart. You hit the down volume button and restart your phone. Now my phone is working and I sure hope it stays that way.

Whoop whoop! I just did the very same thing - dropped my phone, back and battery scattered. It looked fine, but wouldn't turn on. I came here hoping for some help, did what you suggested, Gemini Lisa, and yahoo! It powered right up! I'll be holding my breath for a while, afraid it I have to reboot it won't turn back on, etc, But for now, it seems perfectly fine. PHEW! THANKS!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones