I dun goofed....

1. chrisphoenix7

chrisphoenix7 Well-Known Member

I've had several captivates now. This current one (another refurb) ran ok, so I put a 2.2 upgrade on it (ODIN, i think. Don't quote me on that.). Then I put the RyanZa root and One Click Lag Fix.

Since then it's been getting slower and slower. Someone told me that the OCLF is actually dangerous for the phone. Anyone know how to get rid of the OCLF and get the phone working again?

I mean, it is BAD slow. The google search randomly locks up, the thing lags ridiculously (I've had to wait over 5 minutes for the browser to open before), the thing barely runs. Apps barely work, 3g signal randomly cuts in and out (doesn't do it on the family's other phones, a Tundra and a Solstice). It's pitiful. I need to get the OCLF off, but I'm not sure how. Any help?

Also, if what you suggest needs some kind of knowledge, please give me alink to a document that can tell me what I need. I've lost all the docs I had on rooting and such, and i cant find them.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
    :
  2. chrisphoenix7

chrisphoenix7 Well-Known Member

and I don't mean just uninstall the app. I need the damage done fixed if possible. I need it ALL gone.
  3. ssanders

ssanders Member

Factory Reset sounds in order to me. Google is your friends search it.
  4. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

factory reset wont fix it. you have to use the app to convert it back to .rfs or you could odin and it would go back to stock also
    chrisphoenix7 likes this.
  5. reinbeau

reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto VIP Member

Check the various links in my sig for most all the info you're looking for. At this point I'd go with a custom ROM, that's how I ended up with them - something was really broken and the only way to fix it was to flash either back to bone stock {shudder} or take the leap forward.
    sremick likes this.
  6. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member