General I feel dumb lol...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Flames92, Jan 3, 2010.

1. So, I wanted to manually upgrade my eris but I wanted to back up all my contacts first. I find out the HTC sync doesn't work with windows 7 =[ I tried for about 2 hours and gave up on that one! I noticed you could sync your phone with your gmail account you used on the phone...only I forgot which one that is...I don't ever use gmail so I don't know what email I made...I really want to update it because I'm so impatient lol but I don't want to have to redo alllll my contacts AGAIN. Please help?

Advertisement
  2. Solitary

Solitary Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Clearwater, FL
    create a gmail account?

3. But I already created one when I got this phone I just don't remember which one I created...or how to find out...thats what I'm asking how to do. Where to see the gmail account I made.

4. Solitary

Dec 20, 2009
    Clearwater, FL
    what do you mean you dont remember which one you created?

5. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    If an account was set up correctly from the phone, then the Gmail app on the phone should be working. Send an email to one of your friends from the Gmail app on the phone - presto, they have your e-mail address.

6. For the phone you had to create a new gmail account if you didn't have one, right? Well I can't remember what I named that account so even if I do back up my contacts to that account, I don't know what the name of it is to access it...

7. Gmail app? Do you mean the mail app?

Never mind I found the gmail app >.< lol

8. Solitary

Dec 20, 2009
    Clearwater, FL
  9. Solitary

Dec 20, 2009
    Clearwater, FL
    no worries

10. aww =[ it made it not show....i'm weee tooood did [:

11. adrenalinerush12

adrenalinerush12 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2009
    I'm running Windows 7 and HTC Sync works fine. I've synced all my contacts and such multiple times.