• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
yeahh i don't fully understand the fascination with the front camera. sure, it's cool. but in reality, how often will anyone actually get a chance to use it?! i don't see it as an 'advantage' until it becomes a much more common feature which i'm sure will happen soon enough, but right now? i'd forget it's there.

Video calls by cell phone arent going to be common anytime soon. Even if there were on every other phone out there, they arent practical. Its a looooong ways away before that becomes not only common, but practical and usable.

Upvote 0
Yes, a big deal is being made of the front camera and I don't get why. I have a web cam on my laptop and so far I have only been able to talk one friend into one time doing a web chat with me. If I can't get my friends to web chat on a laptop I really can't see them doing it while walking around with a phone while everyone can hear both sides of a conversation.

yeahh i don't fully understand the fascination with the front camera. sure, it's cool. but in reality, how often will anyone actually get a chance to use it?! i don't see it as an 'advantage' until it becomes a much more common feature which i'm sure will happen soon enough, but right now? i'd forget it's there.

Upvote 0
I don't rush out and get every new phone the comes out, but I do keep an eye on them because i'm a tech junkie. I do like the Samsung Galaxy S though and had it been out now i'd probably have gotten that instead of the Inc, if it were on VZW. I don't see myself leaving VZW anytime soon for any phone, no matter how good it looks/sounds.

Btw, AT&T may have a deal until 2012 in their original agreement, but agreements change and terms change. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple left themselves a way out too. Not that it would matter to me, the iphone needs more work on its OS and needs LTE for me to think about wanting one. Anything else would just be like having my ipod touch make calls and take pictures, and that just seems pointless. Plus, the Inc does all that better atm anyway :)

Upvote 0
There's never been a contract that couldnt be broken or a loophole discovered in the corporate world.

Exactly. I was just going to post this. There have been several articles on various gadget blogs posted since the "leak" of that exclusivity contract. There are still more rumors about the iPhone coming to Verizon than there ever was before.

There are articles such as these (Report: 10 million CDMA iPhones on order Boy Genius Report) that people can't help but notice.

From all that I have read over the past month, I believe without a shadow of a doubt that the iPhone will be on Verizon this year.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones