I feel like a tool....

Last Updated:

1. kodiak kid

kodiak kid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so I am rooted, and am trying to install the clockwork recovery image. I have everything I need with the exception of creating the sdcard\clockworkmod\backup folder. what is the best way to do this?

Advertisement
  2. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

That directory is created for you once you do your first backup. Which you should do asap. Get "Rom Manager" and "Droid X Bootstrap" from the market and open the bootstrapper and click "Bootstrap Recovery" then grant permission and once that is done open Rom Manager, grant permission, select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery at the top and select your device, then select "Backup Current ROM"

I have been using Clockwork for a year or so now and never once had to create the directory. It is done for you once you run the application.

GMB

kodiak kid likes this.
  3. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

One way would be to plug the USB cord into your phone and put the phone in "mass storage" mode. After the window pops up containing everything on your SDcard just right click on a spot, go to new, then folder and name it clockworkmod. Now open the clockworkmod folder and right click, new, then folder again and name it backup and you should be all set.

kodiak kid likes this.
  4. kodiak kid

AWESOME!!! Thank you guys VERY much. Backing up the original ROM now via ROM manager. Will post again once I install the clockwork recovery....

5. kodiak kid

worked perfectly!!!!!! thanks everyone!