• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I feel like a traitor!

lol I feel the same way after using my Transformer Pad. It's 2x as fast and far larger, so my Spec feels teenie.... but when I compare the spec to other phones, it's huge.

I'm already annoyed by her iPad 2, you can't search for text in the native safari browser, and I noticed a strong desire for swype right off. But I imagine jail broken it would be perfect. Want.

Upvote 0
I purchased an iPad 2 just so I could have access to CoStar Go which is a mobile Commercial Real Estate app and the intellicast weather app. There is nothing more this tablet is used for other than that. I find myself using my Kindle Fire much more than the iPad. I wont deny that it has a nice screen but overall I find it fairly useless beyond that...

Upvote 0
Another thing I've found incredibly annoying is the influx of "free" apps that really want you to pay, in app, for that "free" content! Also, apple makes it insanely hard to find free apps; there's no category for it like there is with google play store.

I'll probably get the iPad 3 in a couple of months (should be getting a settlement from a car accident that totalled my car), but I know already I'll need to jailbreak it for my sanity.

Upvote 0
My wife's iPad issued to her by her work has all sorts of free apps with ads in them. They're all linked to the same account so when someone else installs an app, she gets it too.
That must be a recent change, because one of the initial gripes app developers had, and why they could offer some for free on Android, was the inability to integrate ads. What ad network are they using I wonder? On Android it's AdWords, obviously, but I doubt Apple allows AdWords in their apps...

Upvote 0
I'm already annoyed by her iPad 2, you can't search for text in the native safari browser, and I noticed a strong desire for swype right off. But I imagine jail broken it would be perfect. Want.

You can search for text in Safari. Just click the Google search bar in the top right of the screen, and above the keyboard you should see something that says "Find On Page" or something.

Upvote 0
Another thing I've found incredibly annoying is the influx of "free" apps that really want you to pay, in app, for that "free" content! Also, apple makes it insanely hard to find free apps; there's no category for it like there is with google play store.

I'll probably get the iPad 3 in a couple of months (should be getting a settlement from a car accident that totalled my car), but I know already I'll need to jailbreak it for my sanity.

If you go into categories and select the one you want in iOS, you can see the top FREE apps for that category by hitting see all in the Top Apps area.

Upvote 0
apple sucks. I have many reasons to back that statement up but I don't feel like sharing....just wanted to say "apple sucks" =D

I share the same sentiment as you do. However, I often need CoStar while in the field and unfortunately they have yet to develop an application for android.

I will have respect for Mr. Jobs doing what he did for apple but overall their business practices are silly and the proprietary nature of their products is enough to turn me away. I felt as if I was doing something really wrong the day I purchased that effing iPad 2...

Upvote 0
That must be a recent change, because one of the initial gripes app developers had, and why they could offer some for free on Android, was the inability to integrate ads. What ad network are they using I wonder? On Android it's AdWords, obviously, but I doubt Apple allows AdWords in their apps...

Apple mainly uses iAds. Big shock, I know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones