I feel like I am not experiencing the true potential of my device.

Last Updated:

1. IxI Dan IxI

IxI Dan IxI Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am not sure where I am going at here.

I have widgets, and a few apps.

I stream pandora when i am rolling.

I use facebook whenever now, i like having the whole internet right there with me 24/7.

i just feel like i am missing something...... for some reason.

Advertisement
  2. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

I bet 500 people are going to tell you to root.........

3. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Did you get the bluetooth neural implant?

4. IxI Dan IxI

then i have to say no 500 times, i just dont want a paper weight...

5. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

When I downloaded my GBA emulator it changed the way I use my phone, granted I need to charge it a lot more but that's neither here nor there.

6. IxI Dan IxI

i need to find a good emulator that uses the touch screen as buttons..... A. B. Ect...

7. Predator04

Predator04 Member

Its almost impossible to turn it into a paper weight. I even think Verizon will buy you a new phone if you manage to brick it!

8. Predator04

Predator04 Member

Get the game gripper. I bought one and I truly love it. Worth the money for sure! Its almost impossible to play with the emulators without it

9. overcaffein8d

overcaffein8d Well-Known Member

gameboid can do this. even the lite version.

10. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Sounds like you hit a lull and are getting bored with your phone. The true potential of this phone needs to be unlocked either by you or Google. You either root or wait for updates by Google to be available then you'll have more options to revive your interest again.

Edit: btw: its really really hard to brick your phone if u root. Don't fear the root.

11. kyleonfire

kyleonfire Well-Known Member

trying to figure out which meaning of rolling you mean as far as pandora use goes...

12. megaera

megaera Well-Known Member

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/99947-top-apps-make-your-droid-best-rooted-not.html

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/80891-your-favourite-apps.html

Some of what pushes smartphones forward is not the hardware or the software; it's the ways you decide to use them to integrate with your life. I, personally, use mine to check the tuning on my bass, to read books, to give me a todo list based on my GPS location. Once I even used it to test a satellite signal for TV reception. Explore.

13. stewart1champ

stewart1champ Well-Known Member

Then you are not going to have an excellent experience with your phone. So much more customization. Rooting your phone is not hard. I lurked here when the Droid first came out.... thought about rooting my phone once they had it posted. It was very simple, and I haven't looked back once I decided to do it. There are literally thousands of topics covering the subject, and every user that replies honestly will help you get your phone where it needs to be. I have seen every issue arise, and every time, someone figures out the answer to help them get their phone officially rooted.

Don't be scared to do it, especially if you want to take advantage of the phones full capabilities.

14. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

If your careful you wont mess ur phone up. But, when the official froyo releases, u will see a huge improvement on your Droid. Us that was not afraid to root already know that. And we get features that ota updates don't bring.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

15. deftdrummer

deftdrummer Well-Known Member

One of the coolest things I use my phone for is a wireless hotspot and for accessing my media server on my home machine. You can also do limited video chat with Fring and there's an app on the store that measures height and distance through augmented reality with the screen. Go on a roadtrip! the Droid has arguably the best navigation and GPS software available for a smartphone and it can be fun to find new places and see new things.

No offense, but Pandora is kinda like first step stuff people usually install from the market. There are a wealth of apps and possibilities with the Droid.

16. IxI Dan IxI

I thought that Froyo would have been delivered OTA by now...... its been a month since the Google I/O........

17. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Seriously? Do you not remember how long it took to get eclair after it was announced?
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

18. IxI Dan IxI

I am unaware. My Droid came with 2.1 installed when i bought it May 3rd.

19. Shootr

Shootr Well-Known Member

I won't root, it's my work and personal phone and can't afford an outage due to my own causes.

But it is my timer for cooking hamburgers

It is my shopping list (easy to add items on the fly, it's always with me)

It is my GPS, for fun more than travel but I like knowing how long before I get somewhere. I like the speedometer apps, the travel data loggers, etc.

Getting to like Google Voice, except when it adds the downloaded voice messages to my music folders and they play when I'm using it as a random song music player. And the messages aren't transcribed very well, but it's a work in progress and so far it doesn't hinder me.

It is my music player, and it works great, as does Pandora.

The apps let me find things in town easily. Had to switch hotels last week due to a power outage, took me 3 minutes to find another, call and get a reservation, and get a map to it.

It is my calorie counter and exercise buddy. As a geek trying to lose lbs, it satisfies my need for how many calories, how many I've burned, how far I walked, etc.

It is my alarm clock

IT IS MY PERSONAL VEVUZELA!!!

It is easy to add and subtract apps -
    1] put on flight tracker app for a trip next weeki so I can keep track of delays.
    2] all my wife's family's contact info is there so I have maps and directions to their homes from the airport
    3] it is my movie theater when I'm flying
    4] it is my game console to keep boredom at bay

And when I cruise this site I still find new apps to try and love or hate. Heck, I just learned about Launcher Pro and am loving it.

Like everybody says, it is what you make of it. Try the market anytime you have a challenge in life or see something in the world that interests you - and see if there is an app that embraces it. I'm amazed at what people have thought of already. Good luck.

20. zachplaysguitar

zachplaysguitar Member

My thoughts exactly.

21. Shootr

Shootr Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

You know, like when you are out and about. On your feet, wheels, or flying...

22. IxI Dan IxI

ill give froyo another month, then if not here, i might have to root!!!

:(

23. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

24. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member

I don't know why your even waiting. If you don't like root then you can just unroot easily.

25. viomonk

viomonk Well-Known Member

Agreed, the game gripper will change how you use your droid. I've been using it for a couple months now with no damage to my droids keyboard, but I don't crush the buttons down.