I feel like the luckiest man on the planet!General

Last Updated:

1. SeanmM

SeanmM New Member This Topic's Starter

OK well that may be an exaggeration but I do consider myself pretty damn lucky. So like all of you, I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for my Droid Incredible shipment. It still had at least two-two and a half weeks to go before it shipped. I go away on business for the next three weeks starting tomorrow and didn't want to leave with my crappy, chipped, 3g iPhone.

So for the last few days, I've been visiting various Verizon Wireless retailers, crossing my fingers and hoping that one of them would have Droid Incredibles in stock. Every single store I went to gave the same answer, "Nope. Sorry. At least a 5 week back order", etc. etc.

WELL...TODAY..the day before I leave for my trip, I visited one last Verizon Wireless retailer and asked the gentleman if there were any Droid Incredibles in stock. I don't think I fully understood him when he said Yeah we have one in stock left. I had been telling him how I placed an order two weeks ago and it is taking forever to get here. He told me again that they had one in stock but I couldn't purchase it because I had already made an order online. I asked him if there was anything I could do and he instructed me to call Verizon C.S. and try to cancel the online order.

After 20-25 minutes of being on the phone with C.S., my hands completely drenched in sweat hoping he didn't sell the damn phone while I was dealing with C.S., I finally canceled my online order and purchased the in-store Droid Incredible.

He told me I was the luckiest dude on earth and they were the only Verizon store in America to have the Incredible in stock! He told me the last batch they received sold out in 20 minutes but he had put one away in the back and forgot to sell it. I thanked him profusely and told him he was my hero! Hahaha! Anyway, here are a couple photos as proof.

Moral of the story is don't give up guys and check those stores! You never know what you're going to find!

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      140.6 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      746.6 KB
      Views:

Advertisement
  2. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

lol grats man cool story... have fun with your new phone

3. EgoDogg

EgoDogg Well-Known Member

Congrats man! Gotta feel nice. Next time id try stores like best buy, amazon, etc, unless you had a ne2 to use. Your trip will be much more enjoyable now!

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

4. SeanmM

SeanmM New Member This Topic's Starter

I've tried best buy, walmart, all those brick and mortar stores, etc. I was going to purchase from Amazon but they stated it would take about 2 weeks to ship.

5. Dan GSR

Dan GSR Well-Known Member

I found one at a third party retailer after just one visit. They are out there. Corporate locations have the least in stock.

6. Gpcatch06

Gpcatch06 Member

I went by a store in Washington state the other day that had a piece of paper taped to the window that said we have two droid incredibles in stock. I went in and talked to an employee and he said one store in each state receives two droid incredibles every shipment. Keep looking!

7. ajiamarie

ajiamarie Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Welcome to the addiction....I mean the family.

8. homieg

homieg Active Member

Congrats man! So whats the verdict? how do you like it so far?

9. DROIDdidME

DROIDdidME Well-Known Member

That's awesome bro! You will love the DInc!!!

10. smr61754

smr61754 Member

You must lead a charmed life! LOL!

I had to wait almost a month to get my DInc....my b/f ordered it for my birthday last month, so I had no choice. But it was worth the wait. Enjoy! I know you will.:)

11. jes0212

jes0212 Well-Known Member

My mom did the same thing 3 weeks ago. She found her incredible at an authorized retailer.

12. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

awesome dude

13. Railz

Railz Well-Known Member

My friend decided he wanted one 2 days ago. Walked inside a nearby store, I was ready to laugh at him at the back order, but alas, they had a whole stock. It seems like they over stocked in the Long Island area because everyone here was able to get one on walk ins.

14. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Well-Known Member

You'd feel a lot luckier if you used your Incredible money towards a new stove.

15. sal_shawn

sal_shawn Well-Known Member

Nice, got it just in time. LOL

16. DROIDdidME

DROIDdidME Well-Known Member

LMAO!!!!

That's messed up, but made me crack up nonetheless...hahaha

17. Bobby_V

Bobby_V Member

I just got my inc from an authorised retailer who posted on craigslist. But yesterday I was at target looking at headsets and the cell guy ask me if I had any questions. Jokingly, I asked him if he had an incredible cause there was a display for one and he said he had two. I was like what!!? So I got one for my wife and I told him to post on craigslist that he has one and it will be sold in hours.

That's my story.

18. Tech Addiction

Tech Addiction Well-Known Member

But if he keeps the old stove he can afford some accessories. If he travels a lot then he probably doesn't use it. Just sayn.