I finally found something that makes a big difference with my battery.

1. aliveon2legs

aliveon2legs Well-Known Member

I don't think this qualifies as a tip or a trick, but I seem to have finally found something that really helps my battery consumption. My system was always running at least twice the amount of time that my screen was on.

[​IMG]

It didn't matter whether my EVO had been off the charger for 5 minutes, or was 5 minutes from dying.

I had 3 email accounts, my work email (Exchange), Hotmail and Gmail. I decided to have my Gmail account "fetch" mail from my Hotmail account and I deleted the Hotmail account from the phone. Now, the system seems to be running about 5% more than the screen is on, regardless of what % the screen is in use.

I had Hotmail setup to poll every 5 minutes. I'm pretty certain that was a big issue. Push notifications seem to use much less battery, and that's how the other 2 email accounts are setup.

I'm getting about 8 hours on a full charge now, with pretty heavy use. I'm not sure that's great, but it's more than double what I was getting.

Advertisement
  2. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

I don't use any push email. It's so easy to get to it when I want to that I don't see it as valuable having it pushed to me. 95% of the stuff that gets pushed is junk anyway. When someone wants me to see something valuable, they tend not to just stuff it in an email without calling or texting me.