I finally got rid of my problematic TB, and got the galaxy s3!General

Last Updated: 2012-11-20 16:26:54
  1. thanat0s24

thanat0s24 Well-Known Member

I bought my thunderbolt 2 weeks after it was released, only to be absolutely plagued by the random issues it's had since I've had it. I will say that due to the awesome community here, it made my thunderbolt not such a bad experience! But this galaxy s3 is absolutely wonderful, and I am now going to root it!

Guess I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for the assistance in helping this newb out! :)

Advertisement
  2. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member Developer

Thread moved "thunderbolt" section as it does not pertain to root
    Thanks for understanding :)
  3. neelmehta

neelmehta Well-Known Member

Were u eligible for an upgrade? I wanna get the s3 too since my tb data won't work half the time but Verizon won't let me until my due date
  4. thanat0s24

thanat0s24 Well-Known Member

what they had me do was add an additional line, which I could get the new phone on, and once I had it all set up, just suspend the additional line. Which I did, and voila, new phone! lol

5. Funderbolt

Funderbolt Well-Known Member

Interesting approach. I wonder how many people are doing that. Seems they have a contract on each phone though.
  6. Gnoop

Gnoop Well-Known Member

Were you able to keep your unlimited data while getting the S3 via a problematic Tbolt? I'll likely end up doing that if I can pay some amount for an S3 as a replacement for a Tbolt.
  7. jaydub110

jaydub110 Well-Known Member

I got my TB around the same time & had nothing but problems from day one. I just got a SGS3 (white) too & I love it so far. I also switched from VZW to ATT, got sick of them with all of there changes & lack of service for there customers. Especially after taking away the unlimited data.
  8. GrumpyJoe

GrumpyJoe Member

I'm glad you like your new Galaxy. But if it is such a great phone... why root it? I got my TB about a month after they came out. Great phone. No trouble. Unrooted also. Doesn't the Galaxy do enough on its own without being rooted? I have a buddy that has been after me to root my TB but after a side by side with his rooted TB it really doesn't do all that much more. I guess I will never really understand why some people root.
  9. chaparro78

chaparro78 Member

Tethering abilities
  10. photondev

photondev Well-Known Member

I also replaced the Thunderbolt that I had since they released it with an S3, pretty happy with it. I was waiting to see what the iphone 5 had to offer, I am not impressed at all. I don't see the need for rooting.
  11. racefan25

racefan25 Well-Known Member

I am also replacing my Tbolt with a SIII today my new phone arrives. Really liked the bolt but it is one problem after another now for mine as i cannot even touch the phone when it rings as it then disconnects the call instantly and I have to call them back and now the white screen with HTC and reboots 100% of the time when you unplug it from any charger.
  12. GatorfanDroid

GatorfanDroid Well-Known Member

I wish VZW didn't do away with there unlimited data plans, I really need to get away from my Tbolt ... Stupid VZW is gonna make me switch out .
  13. mh68

mh68 Well-Known Member

How is the data connectivity on the SGSIII? I know the Samsung Nexus was having issues with that when it was released. I'm just wondering if that is an issue with Samsungs because I too have had the bolt since release and have always had connectivity issues and am seriously considering getting the Note 2.

Mike
  14. racefan25

racefan25 Well-Known Member

I have better connections except for my work where there seems to be little to no service for everybody. 1X most of the time then 3G 4G but I have started truning my data off when in stockrooms working and my battery life is so much better. 16 hours with phone on and still have 43% battery life so it does help me out a lot. I just toggle it on and off depending on where I am working. Now when outside I have 4G a lot more that I did with my bolt. I do not miss it at all .
  15. mh68

mh68 Well-Known Member

Cool, sounds like I'm getting the Note II!
  16. fujiteam

fujiteam Well-Known Member

I got my TB on release day, and have only warenteed it once. Unfortunatly the middle of the screen does nto work making typing interesting and swype impossible. I plan on moving to the S3. My GF has the RazrMaxx and I am super jealous of the battery life. Will I need to reach for my charger between waking up and going to bed with ~1hr of phone play and 2hrs of talking each day?

I will miss unlimited data, but I have been led to believe that with the new unlimited everything (but data) that tether/hotspot is now 100% European (read free).
  17. neelmehta

neelmehta Well-Known Member

I finally got rid of my tb. Bought a S3 from craigslist and kept my unlimited. So far the connectivity is far better, though I did lose 4G a few times where it normally works. I think it's a Verizon issue. But still much better with the s3
  18. Hoss

Hoss Member

I'm in the same boat. T-bolt is able to be upgraded tomorrow and I'm trying to figure out what I want to do. While I love android, the process of trying to figure out what to get is always so painful. S3, DNA, Note 2, heck even a Nexus 4 if it's ever available again :D

Great pictures/video
    A battery that isn't crap
    Some updates from time to time.

Too much to ask? :p

Can't thank these forums enough for all the info and support. Really helped me over the past few years.